Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I mean.....

....we could have gotten some cover for the CB position in the summer when Lovren left, rather than leaving it to chance.
    Which might have left us in a better position than we are in today.

We kind of do have ourselves to blame for THAT at least.

We also can blame ourselves (or at least Klopp) for playing first team players in dead rubber useless CL games which then put them at injury risk leading to us losing them for extended periods.

And don't get me started on our substitution patterns, Klopp's rotation style that kills players confidence... I could go on and on and on about how we've mostly done this to ourselves.
    This is my position - the club made some poor decisions - from owners down to Klopp. The squad's not good enough to put pressure on certain players/positions - look at the effect buying an attacker had on the team. Matip and Gomez's vulnerability to injury isn't new - the club gambled - and so far lost. But that's why they get paid the big bucks... City will win this league on current performances.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Really? Maybe I don't see him enough but I think he is a great finisher and has a great work rate. I always thought he would score a bagful on our team and create for others
    People say these things without considering how much time and room he is afforded with how teams play against Spurs, even when rank average national sides have lined up 6-4-0 v England he's struggled, which is the only comparison of what our forwards face week in week out I have seen him try to perform in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    People say these things without considering how much time and room he is afforded with how teams play against Spurs, even when rank average national sides have lined up 6-4-0 v England he's struggled, which is the only comparison of what our forwards face week in week out I have seen him try to perform in
    We don't watch football. We only read results on the Monday I suppose. You the only conniseur of football. I watch most of the top 6 and Kane is boss. He is a d9ver, a cheat etc but he is the best poacher around.

Players have been putting in a massive shift for the past 3 years. City have had time to lick their wounds while ours were busy playing in world club cups. To me the spark has gone a little bit of passion to as it’s so hard to play at that level for so many years and especially without the crowd pushing you on.

Our midfield, particularly Hendo and Gini above all others, is the reason we have been so successful

Alisson. Matip, Fabinho (CB) Robbo, Trent, Hendo, Gini, Thiago, Mane, Mo, Bobby/Jota

If we can have a run with that 12 fit we'd be absolutely flying in no time
    Gini. HENDERSON and Trent have been absolutely massive. If you have ever read my posts you would know I am one of the staunches dwfenders of Gini and Hendo. But they are functional players l, hard workers. Work horses. But if we played a midfield of Thiago, Fab and someone we would be good. Whoever that someone is. Even a 2 in midfield with those 2 will work. With a Muller type in the 10 as Thaigo w9uld have played at Bayern in 2. If we played Naby Fab and Thiago we would win. Play Ox with those 2 we win. I am just sts9tng who I think are least dependable and more crucial in terms of irreplaceable qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by TorresGoalGoal View Post
    Players have been putting in a massive shift for the past 3 years. City have had time to lick their wounds while ours were busy playing in world club cups. To me the spark has gone a little bit of passion to as it’s so hard to play at that level for so many years and especially without the crowd pushing you on.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    This is my position - the club made some poor decisions - from owners down to Klopp. The squad's not good enough to put pressure on certain players/positions - look at the effect buying an attacker had on the team. Matip and Gomez's vulnerability to injury isn't new - the club gambled - and so far lost. But that's why they get paid the big bucks... City will win this league on current performances.
    Agree. At least of Dejan was here Klopp would have played him even though he would have had us all on our nerves. Klopp missed a trick in thinking that Fab is the 4th CB but not counting the injury record of Gomez and Matip who hace been out manu times at the same time. Gomez is just so unlucky. Injuries you can't blame t plauer it is just so unfortunate.

Klopp needs to make peace with Buvac. Lol. Maybe he does need him 😂

For me he scores one of the chances Bobby gets today. I think he would score in our team. With our full flowing team he definitely gets a load. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    For me he scores one of the chances Bobby gets today. I think he would score in our team. With our full flowing team he definitely gets a load. Just my opinion.
    Yet he missed 2 absolute sitters that were both easier chances than Bobby's today in their game against us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”