Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester United (Match Thread)

I think with Bobby today it was sods law, from how he had been playing, often looking for the next pass when most of us thought he should be shooting, today he played like he was under instruction not to keep looking for the extra pass and if there was an opportunity to shoot, to take the shot on and if he had played today as he had been playing, he'd have teed Robbo up for 2 and Mane for 1
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yet he missed 2 absolute sitters that were both easier chances than Bobby's today in their game against us
    Fair point and one game. He has been banging them in on a way more regular basis than Bobby. I'm not trying to change your mind as I know I won't. But Kane would improve us a lot up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think with Bobby today it was sods law, from how he had been playing, often looking for the next pass when most of us thought he should be shooting, today he played like he was under instruction not to keep looking for the extra pass and if there was an opportunity to shoot, to take the shot on and if he had played today as he had been playing, he'd have teed Robbo up for 2 and Mane for 1
    He is out of form and confidence. Currently playing him isn't doing anyone any favours. Change it up for the cup game next week.

Let's look at the positives

Yes they got a couple of late chances, but we showed them up and made them look the rank average outfit they are for the most part and Thiago showed neither Fernandes or Pogba are fit to lace his boots

Our unbeaten home record remains intact, that free hand out loving officials in their back pocket shower of shit taking our unbeaten home record would have been a fucking travesty and a disaster

Where's Sid with the your team v Burnley thread?

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

My midfield 3 obviously rotate through the 3 midfield positions throughout the game

Not Bobby again surely

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not Bobby again surely
    I have a bit more faith, I've maintained throughout that I want to see how our front 3 perform when supported by a midfield 3 Hendo, Gini and Thiago for a run of games, so far this season they haven't played one game supported by that midfield

I curse Oliver, Prickford and those corrupt VAR bastards for robbing us of points, but I curse them even more for not sending Prickford off, because had they sent him off as he should have been, for me, Richarlieson never ever makes that tackle on Thiago with his side down to 10 men already, we win that game (they robbed us of it anyway) as we have the pen for 2-0 we should have had and we are further down the line of evolution with the Thiago Hendo Gini midfield, in much better form, have greater variation of our play and haven't then given VAR further opportunities to stitch us up by giving wrong decisions against us and not giving decisions for fouls to us that we should have had also

Not Bobby again surely
    We're not exactly blessed with many options, never mind 'qualty' options. You can thank our ' benevolent' overlords, and Klopp himself for those two things.

I’d give Minnie meano a go, really couldn’t have contributed less than Bobby again today. Poor lad, feel for him, he’s been fantastic for us but for some time he really hasn’t been

I’d give Minnie meano a go, really couldn’t have contributed less than Bobby again today. Poor lad, feel for him, he’s been fantastic for us but for some time he really hasn’t been
    If anyone is pinning their/our hopes on Minamino, it just highlights how dire our current situation is.