Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Oooooo, I'm drooling over Thiago + Fabinho + Hendo.
    I think you'll have to wait till next season for that. Fabinho is needed at the back while we have injuries there. If we were buying a defender, i'm pretty sure it would have happened by now.
    Last edited by skyebo; 18th January 2021 at 06:10 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It played once against Everton and it completely bossed em.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    For me you want Thiago with Fabinho in that midfield - then you can have any one of Hendo - Gini - Shaq - Ox or Keita...

We need a CB and we needed one in the summer- yet here we are in January-with our only 2 genuine senior CB’s out for the season ( cannot include Matip as a player - he just isn’t fit enough ) and we aren’t even looking for someone. Something is badly wrong at the club.

There are reasons why Klopp is an angry man - and they are not just because we can’t finish a hot dinner
    Fabinho's secured his place as our third choice cb for me

I don't expect to see him in midfield even when we're back to full strength

The fundamental reason being that he can't play as part of a fluid 3, he can only play DM and he struggles when required to play as an actual CM rather than an out and out DM, let's the press get broken and allows too many easy transitions

Teams will try to target Thiago with 1 or 2 players, so for me the midfield 3 moving forward has to be the fluid midfield 3 in which all 3 interchange positions throughout and all 3 are comfortable assuming the No6 position and have the discipline, awareness and focus to stay with the opposition player for transitions

Much maligned as he remarkably still is, Gini too in fact, that pair have best supported our full backs AND any of Lallana Ox Keita or Milner playing in a fluid 3 and whoever the third player was of those listed, that 3 performing better than any midfield with Fabinho in it, the rotation through all 3 positions played a big part in that because opposition managers are unable to set up for certain players to close down or play off a specific player because their position changes fluently and frequently throughout each game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fabinho has done a great job at CB and its good to know he can play there.

I want two new CBs in the summer as we have to be careful with Gomez/VVD next season.

We could do with loaning out Rhys Williams to someone like Preston or Bristol City.

Fabinho is needed in midfield in some games being fluid is always good but sometimes you need to grind a team down and Fab doesnt get bullied either in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fabinho's secured his place as our third choice cb for me

I don't expect to see him in midfield even when we're back to full strength

The fundamental reason being that he can't play as part of a fluid 3, he can only play DM and he struggles when required to play as an actual CM rather than an out and out DM, let's the press get broken and allows too many easy transitions

Teams will try to target Thiago with 1 or 2 players, so for me the midfield 3 moving forward has to be the fluid midfield 3 in which all 3 interchange positions throughout and all 3 are comfortable assuming the No6 position and have the discipline, awareness and focus to stay with the opposition player for transitions

Much maligned as he remarkably still is, Gini too in fact, that pair have best supported our full backs AND any of Lallana Ox Keita or Milner playing in a fluid 3 and whoever the third player was of those listed, that 3 performing better than any midfield with Fabinho in it, the rotation through all 3 positions played a big part in that because opposition managers are unable to set up for certain players to close down or play off a specific player because their position changes fluently and frequently throughout each game
    Where was the press in the games against Fulham WBA Newcastle and Southampton. We dropped points in all those games and Fabinho played centre back and Henderson was CM. If Henderson is so good at pressing, he should consider retiring from football and get a job at Johnson's.
    Last edited by skyebo; 18th January 2021 at 09:33 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Not many goals in there if any
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Same with any midfield we can put out tbh at least fabinho can score the odd screamer

we basically count on salah and mane for all the goals... proper striker is needed really if we don't have a stevie G not many out there like that now though

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It played once against Everton and it completely bossed em.
    in an ideal world, if we had a cb with matip fit all season, that middle 3 of fab, thiago and hendo would win us the title and european cup.

it’s that good. we got a taste of it in the derby, and it was frightening. i’ve never seen a midfield nick the ball off the opposition that quickly.

i just wish we get to see it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    True, but a lot of ball winning and passing scrumptiousness. If you give the attack enough chances, they'll score.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    in an ideal world, if we had a cb with matip fit all season, that middle 3 of fab, thiago and hendo would win us the title and european cup.

it’s that good. we got a taste of it in the derby, and it was frightening. i’ve never seen a midfield nick the ball off the opposition that quickly.

i just wish we get to see it this season.
    For once we agree!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

"If you give the attack enough chances, they'll score."

Err Bali mate, have you been watching our recent games with a blindfold on?