Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    jones??? i wouldn’t even have him on the bench. he is total garbage, and does not belong at this level.

any player that takes that many touches before passing is still an u23 level/championship player at best.

we can play five in the middle, we’re not beating this lot.

wet cold night away at burnley in january, with salad and firmino up front, when you are in the worst form is a foregone conclusion.
    It's at Anfield though that doesn't make a lot of difference at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree about Gini.
    Anyone else get the feeling he's "checked out"?
    He wasnt good yesterday but to cut him some slack he has played pretty much every game this season.

At the start with CL and internationals he was playing 3 games a week for 2 months solid.

I think he will go as you say but what if Koeman gets sacked which is likely unless he wins the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He wasnt good yesterday but to cut him some slack he has played pretty much every game this season.

At the start with CL and internationals he was playing 3 games a week for 2 months solid.

I think he will go as you say but what if Koeman gets sacked which is likely unless he wins the CL.
    Yeah I'm probably just being mean by suggesting that.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I'm probably just being mean by suggesting that.
    I can see why you said it as he looked laboured.

I think you might be surprised how laboured Hendo could look alongside Thiago. Have to remember it’s a totally different class of player. Kinda makes you realise what you are missing. That isn’t to say Thiago will be more effective in our system but technically when you see him on the ball and then Gini or Hendo you instantly realise the gulf in class. There was method behind playing Shaq - closer to Thiago level of quality. He needs to play with players on his level to thrive.

Yeah, Thiago is something else with the ball at his feet.

Though he let a man get behind him a few times. Fabinho wouldn't have. At worst he would have broken their collarbone.

Edit: I hope you're right regarding Shaq. I'm a big fan but his time is running out.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I can see why you said it as he looked laboured.
    They all have, for large parts of the season. I think Alison, Fab, Henderson, and Robbo aside you could throw a blanket of mediocrity over the rest (of those that arent or have not been injured).

But let's not freak out too much or throw the baby out with the dishwater. This team has been phenomonal for the best part of 3 years, we're not suddenly a bad team full of players that need replacing. We've been on nothing but an upward trajectory since Klopp took over, it's not going to be like that forever, there are going to be setbacks and failures.

It's a tricky situation. Does he play them into form, or try one or two others for a bit?

Burnley have no pace and love it long. So with that in mind i'd go with

Allison
    TTA - Phillips - Fab - Robertson
    Thiago - Henderson - Jones
    Salah - Origi - Shaqiri
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah, Thiago is something else with the ball at his feet.

Though he let a man get behind him a few times. Fabinho wouldn't have. At worst he would have broken their collarbone.

Edit: I hope you're right regarding Shaq. I'm a big fan but his time is running out.
    For me you want Thiago with Fabinho in that midfield - then you can have any one of Hendo - Gini - Shaq - Ox or Keita...

We need a CB and we needed one in the summer- yet here we are in January-with our only 2 genuine senior CB’s out for the season ( cannot include Matip as a player - he just isn’t fit enough ) and we aren’t even looking for someone. Something is badly wrong at the club.

There are reasons why Klopp is an angry man - and they are not just because we can’t finish a hot dinner

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    They all have, for large parts of the season. I think Alison, Fab, Henderson, and Robbo aside you could throw a blanket of mediocrity over the rest (of those that arent or have not been injured).

But let's not freak out too much or throw the baby out with the dishwater. This team has been phenomonal for the best part of 3 years, we're not suddenly a bad team full of players that need replacing. We've been on nothing but an upward trajectory since Klopp took over, it's not going to be like that forever, there are going to be setbacks and failures.

It's a tricky situation. Does he play them into form, or try one or two others for a bit?

Burnley have no pace and love it long. So with that in mind i'd go with
    I agree he has basically had to play every minute in midfield.

With the season crammed in a shorter period our injuries have meant we have not had chance to rotate the midfield much.

Also lack of pre season means a drop off in performances/standards but as I keep stating this is not just us it is everyone.

I have watched all of our games and some other teams and most games are just not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    For me you want Thiago with Fabinho in that midfield - then you can have any one of Hendo - Gini - Shaq - Ox or Keita...

We need a CB and we needed one in the summer- yet here we are in January-with our only 2 genuine senior CB’s out for the season ( cannot include Matip as a player - he just isn’t fit enough ) and we aren’t even looking for someone. Something is badly wrong at the club.

There are reasons why Klopp is an angry man - and they are not just because we can’t finish a hot dinner
    Oooooo, I'm drooling over Thiago + Fabinho + Hendo.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non