Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Time will tell, but Thiago i a CM, so putting your 'Hendo took the armband after Stevie' bias to ne side and takking captain fantastic out of the equation for a minte

Is Thiago a far superior CM to Fabinho?

Will teams try to smother him to prevent him creating?

As Thiago can create from anywhere but will mostly start at CM will he be of the greatest possible benefit to the team playing in a fluid midfield 3 interchanging positions throughout whereby it's almost impossible for opposition managers to detail 1 or 2 players to stop him creating because he's not playing in a fixed position?

Given Thiago is a vastly superior CM to Fab, who pertinently isn't a CM, but is a very good DM, AND that we can't play a fluid midfield 3 with Fab and never have and other midfielders who can play the fluid 3 all offer more creatively and in the press and counter press than Fab, do you honestly expect Fab to start at CM ahead of Thiago in what would be a rigid 3 in fixed positions?

I don't, i think Fab's role this season was going to be largely from the bench or in cup games, coming on for the last 20 minutes in games we were comfortably ahead in as an extra defender or midfielder or to give Trent 20 minutes rest with Gomez moving to RB or one of our first choice mids 20 minutes rest
    You need to get something right about the captaincy. A lot of people were slating Henderson both as player and as captain after taking over from Gerrard, even questioning his place in the team. I was NOT one of those, as i said he was the obvious choice, and whoever gets the captaincy next won't get a rough ride as he won't be replacing a legend. I don't need to go back 100s of posts, as i know what i said. And don't be so cock sure that it won't be Henderson who loses his place, he may decide to bring someone else in. Or Fulham may want him again lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Time will tell, but Thiago i a CM, so putting your 'Hendo took the armband after Stevie' bias to ne side and takking captain fantastic out of the equation for a minte

As Thiago can create from anywhere but will mostly start at CM will he be of the greatest possible benefit to the team playing in a fluid midfield 3 interchanging positions throughout whereby it's almost impossible for opposition managers to detail 1 or 2 players to stop him creating because he's not playing in a fixed position?

Given Thiago is a vastly superior CM to Fab, who pertinently isn't a CM, but is a very good DM, AND that we can't play a fluid midfield 3 with Fab and never have and other midfielders who can play the fluid 3 all offer more creatively and in the press and counter press than Fab, do you honestly expect Fab to start at CM ahead of Thiago in what would be a rigid 3 in fixed positions?

I don't, i think Fab's role this season was going to be largely from the bench or in cup games, coming on for the last 20 minutes in games we were comfortably ahead in as an extra defender or midfielder or to give Trent 20 minutes rest with Gomez moving to RB or one of our first choice mids 20 minutes rest
    Your last paragraph is laughable.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

That's it for me, a huge part of Jurgen's philosophy that has made us so successful is centred around the press and counter press, nothing against Fab, but you can't do that to its highest levels in a rigid 3, you only need to look at the rotation of the 3 in our run of 15 back to back wins in Fab's absence and their starting positions and the positions all 3 are in and their contribution from where they were to what were absolutely crucial winning goals against Spurs and Wolves for Bobby among many others to appreciate that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Your last paragraph is laughable.
    You lot are laughable, despite the constant knocking of my belief on this issue and numerous invitations from me to answer a straight forward question on the subject, not one of you has or can

If Fab was so brilliant at DM a DM supposed to be playing right across the line covering the defence, why, half way through his first season, did we start drawing too many games through teams releasing players down our right?

Why was it ever necessary for Jurgen to bring Hendo in at RCM to stop this, when the DM 's role is to stop it?

Why in his absence with Milner, Ox, Keita and even fucking Lallana starting at RCM in a fluid 3, every single one of them assuming the No6 position at various points in those games was it never an issue?

You lot are laughable, despite the constant knocking of my belief on this issue and numerous invitations from me to answer a straight forward question on the subject, not one of you has or can

If Fab was so brilliant at DM a DM supposed to be playing right across the line covering the defence, why, half way through his first season, did we start drawing too many games through teams releasing players down our right?

Why was it ever necessary for Jurgen to bring Hendo in at RCM to stop this, when the DM 's role is to stop it?

Why in his absence with Milner, Ox, Keita and even fucking Lallana starting at RCM in a fluid 3, every single one of them assuming the No6 position at various points in those games was it never an issue?
    He must have done a lot of thing right. He was ranked #1 LFC in 2020 calendar year for most tackles and interceptions. He played a lot of those games in midfield, though you said you wasn't interested in Fabinho's stats when i posted them last time. That's not opinion, those stats are fact.

He must have done a lot of thing right. He was ranked #1 LFC in 2020 calendar year for most tackles and interceptions. He played a lot of those games in midfield, though you said you wasn't interested in Fabinho's stats when i posted them last time. That's not opinion, those stats are fact.
    Not an answer to my question

Let me define my understanding of the DM role at any level of the game and you tell me if you disagree or where i'm wrong

The DM's role is to play right across the width of the pitch,,constantly scanning looking for any danger as play develops and positioning himself accordingly

He must stay with any central player for transition, but as play develops if it is clear the ball is not going to that player but is going wide behind a full back, he ust move across to prevent that threat, knowing the planned player for transition he was picking up will now be engaged by eith of the 2 CBS

Defending deeper wen a team has good possession wide h mmust support the defence by being in a good position to go behind the defensive line to challenge late runners not engaged by any other player or to block and clear attempted balls into the box from wide advanced opposition players

That's the basics of the primary job, it's why the position is called defensive midfielder and if you're doing that job as you should be, you shouldn't need your manager to bring in another player to do any part of it for you

Not an answer to my question

Let me define my understanding of the DM role at any level of the game and you tell me if you disagree or where i'm wrong

The DM's role is to play right across the width of the pitch,,constantly scanning looking for any danger as play develops and positioning himself accordingly

He must stay with any central player for transition, but as play develops if it is clear the ball is not going to that player but is going wide behind a full back, he ust move across to prevent that threat, knowing the planned player for transition he was picking up will now be engaged by eith of the 2 CBS

Defending deeper wen a team has good possession wide h mmust support the defence by being in a good position to go behind the defensive line to challenge late runners not engaged by any other player or to block and clear attempted balls into the box from wide advanced opposition players

That's the basics of the primary job, it's why the position is called defensive midfielder and if you're doing that job as you should be, you shouldn't need your manager to bring in another player to do any part of it for you
    If you mean is Thiago superior to Fabinho, it's too early to call. Up to now he hasn't scored or had an assist, but hopefully that will change. It's ok coming with a reputation, but Keita came with glowing references too. The proof will be in the pudding.

You need to get something right about the captaincy.
    I already did, i backed him unequivocally and a Champions League WCC ESC and Premier League trophy later, i was right and he was instrumental in all of that

There have been 2 clear huge shifts in our performance levels and ability to win those trophies in the last 2 years. Hendo coming on at ht in that game away t Southampton and Hendo coming in at CM last season

I already did, i backed him unequivocally and a Champions League WCC ESC and Premier League trophy later, i was right and he was instrumental in all of that

There have been 2 clear huge shifts in our performance levels and ability to win those trophies in the last 2 years. Hendo coming on at ht in that game away t Southampton and Hendo coming in at CM last season
    Without VVD and Alisson we wouldn't have won either of those, they are the ones we need to thank. All others played their part too. Take your Henderson glasses off, you might see things a lot clearer. And speaking of game changers, you need look no further than Gerrard for that, he did that countless times over the years. He didn't win the league, but he deserved to. Henderson is playing in a better team than most that Gerrard played in, so is getting a lot of help. Some of the players Gerrard had to play with shouldn't have got near the team. If Henderson played till he was 50, he could never influence or change games like Gerrard could, that's why he's a legend.
    Last edited by skyebo; 21st January 2021 at 02:42 PM.

Alisson

Trent
    Matip
    Fabinho
    Robertson
    Ox
    Thiago
    Wijnaldum
    Shaq
    Origi
    Mane

No Henderson in the squad