Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Oh wow, that is not what I expected!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Liverpool Team

1 Alisson

66 Alexander-Arnold
    32 Matip
    3 Fabinho
    26 Robertson

15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    6 Thiago Alcántara
    5 Wijnaldum

23 Shaqiri
    10 Mané
    27 Origi

Substitutes
    7 Milner
    9 Firmino
    11 Salah
    17 Jones
    18 Minamino
    21 Tsimikas
    47 Phillips
    62 Kelleher
    76 N Williams
    Last edited by miller0863; 21st January 2021 at 08:07 PM.

Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Shaqiri Thiago Wijnaldum

Oxlade Origi Mane

Well, fuck knows how we're lining up, might be a 4231, let's just hope it works, Jurgen's already played our forwards out of their great early season form fucking about with their positions, so I won't be particularly enamoured if Mane's lining up as a left attacking midfielder in a 4231, or Origi's lining up as LFWD as he's been consistently shit when used there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Team confirmed:

Alisson

Shaqiri Thiago Wijnaldum

Oxlade Origi Mane

Well, fuck knows how we're lining up, might be a 4231, let's just hope it works, Jurgen's already played our forwards out of their great early season form fucking about with their positions, so I won't be particularly enamoured if Mane's lining up as a left attacking midfielder in a 4231, or Origi's lining up as LFWD as he's been consistently shit when used there
    Agreed on origi. He has been terrible when deployed on the left forward.
    He needs to play through the middle.
    Big shock and risk. We really need a win.

How many unfit, constantly injured, inconsistent, out of form, out of position, sub par players would you like in your side (the reigning PL champs) who desperately need a win?

Klopp: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool Team

1 Alisson

66 Alexander-Arnold
    32 Matip
    3 Fabinho
    26 Robertson

15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    6 Thiago Alcántara
    5 Wijnaldum

23 Shaqiri
    10 Mané
    27 Origi

Substitutes
    7 Milner
    9 Firmino
    11 Salah
    17 Jones
    18 Minamino
    21 Tsimikas
    47 Phillips
    62 Kelleher
    76 N Williams

Klopp is focussing on the FA Cup lol.

But dropping Salah may have the desired effect. Just a little tonic to inspire him.

Bobby well deserved, he has been atrocious. Perhaps he is tired if we can win rest jim again and let him have that time off. Maybe it is just fatigue. I mean I. terms of Jo's overall play. His goalscoring ability has never been great.

At least we've got Thiago and Wijnaldum in midfield and our best possible back 5 starting is the best I can say, really REALLY hope he's not fucking about with Mane's position again, it's been driving me absolutely crazy this season,

The UAE FC game was the worst for me, moving him to left mid in a 442 when he'd won the penalty and looked like destroying their new big money CB and keeping Jota up top instead when A he doesn't have the same skills set as Mane that were the skills that were terrorising their CB B He played LFWD almost all games at Wolves and due to how they play spent a large portion of each game playing in the left mid position. It was just absolute insanity to me, clueless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Klopp is focussing on the FA Cup lol.
    Tongue-in-cheek, but we may well have looked at City's recent resurgence in combination with our own issues and decided the Title will be difficult, so the priority has reshuffled to focus on the Champion's League and FA Cup.

It would surprise me of course - half a season left after tonight - but we won't know know until there is a bigger sample size of team line-ups.

Origi over Minamino feels a bit "shop window" to me. That said, he is a decent physical unit and we can expect set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Team confirmed:

Alisson

Shaqiri Thiago Wijnaldum

Oxlade Origi Mane

Booked my seat behind the setteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Just in case.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Seeing as how Burnley's only tactic for playing football is win a set piece, hoof the ball under the crossbar and pile in on the keeper, I would suggest that this is the best option for a player like Origi who can add defensive headers to his offensive ariel ability.
    Been disappointed with Ox recent games. Please step up tonight.
    Quite happy to see Shaq getting a few games actually.