Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 19-21/01/21

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Comes to something when West ham are more of a threat to us (top4 lol) than Chelsea
    I mentioned it in another thread and that Chelsea face different circumstances (Abramovich can slip some brown envelopes under a table, their transfer ban) but clubs who invested big recently could regret it further down the line if crowds don't return to stadiums as quickly as people would like - committing to big fees (particularly if paid in instalments) and big wages for a couple of seasons if not generating match revenue / missing out on Champion's League football could cause major headaches that could take a few seasons to fix.

It's much, much too early to get a real read on it, but reflection on 20/21 and 21/22 could be really interesting when we reach 22/23 and onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I mentioned it in another thread and that Chelsea face different circumstances (Abramovich can slip some brown envelopes under a table, their transfer ban) but clubs who invested big recently could regret it further down the line if crowds don't return to stadiums as quickly as people would like - committing to big fees (particularly if paid in instalments) and big wages for a couple of seasons if not generating match revenue / missing out on Champion's League football could cause major headaches that could take a few seasons to fix.

It's much, much too early to get a real read on it, but reflection on 20/21 and 21/22 could be really interesting when we reach 22/23 and onwards.
    well that’s where the default position (scuse pun) of super league comes in.

the too bigs to fail will be saved. the small tinpot clubs like the blue shite will be bye bye vienna.

if you think COYS just bought a £1bn stadium with their turnover, as a vanity project, you’re living in a paradigm where what you see on the tv is reality!

the super league is happening.

i would say both the leicester and chelsea right backs are ahead of trent atm.

he has regressed so badly, even garbage like wank-bissaka are looking like prime cafu.

Second half sub Werner has one ruled out for offside...just

I think Lampard is done, if he wasn't already.

Leicester top, four clear of us now.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Leicester top, four clear of us now.
    Having played a game more than us, to be fair. Not that I am assuming we'll beat Burnley, given the current attacking drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Having played a game more than us, to be fair. Not that I am assuming we'll beat Burnley, given the current attacking drought.
    Any chance matip is back for this? Long ball after long ball on top of Henderson and Fabinho. They will be dangerous from corners.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Any chance matip is back for this? Long ball after long ball on top of Henderson and Fabinho. They will be dangerous from corners.
    He was training for a session or two and Klopp's comments suggested he "just" missed out on the United game, so he might be.

Klopp may surprise us and stick with Hendo+Fabinho for a little longer yet just to build consistency, though I would like Matip back in to get Henderson in midfield with Thiago and one other.

Just to add, 3 wins in a row for Leicester now, with most of the squad fit/back from injury and I think the 3 wins have come without goals from Vardy, which will encourage them.

Don't mind them finishing in the Top Four at the expense of someone else. Hopefully Spurs or United miss out at their expense.