Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 19-21/01/21

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    2-1 ft Fulham actually had the better clear chances and repeatedly fluffed their lines
    As I said, it looked like they had been taking lessons from our front three.

If that had been us, you just know that header that came of Baily would have crept in our near post.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Many more twists and turns to come yet
    Which are all probably going to end up with us tied up in knots.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If we don't pick up all three points tomorrow, things will look even more bleak than they already are.
    Bleak? We've just got lots of players coming back, now we need some continuity of selection and to build some rhythm and go on a good run of back to back wins

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a few games of our best 11 bar Virgil, looking forward to it, 'if' we get that in the selection
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bleak? We've just got lots of players coming back, now we need some continuity of selection and to build some rhythm and go on a good run of back to back wins

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a few games of our best 11 bar Virgil, looking forward to it, 'if' we get that in the selection
    Unless all our players are coming back, and all of them are going to hit the ground running, then yes things are looking bleak, never mind that the players we do have available look devoid of energy, creativity and potency.

Pretty excited too.

My gut instinct is that our malaise will last a little bit longer (some draws where we want wins etc) but we'll get into some sort of momentum during the last-16 or quarter-finals stage of the season and finish very respectably.

Think we can expect some supporters to have a wobble when we have a temporary dip or two outside of the Champion's League spots, which will happen because it's so congested in the top six spaces, but this should be ironed out by the 25th-30th game or so.

Here's hoping! We'resecond in the possession stakes across Europe’s top five leagues this season (averaging 60.6 per cent with only Barcelona’s 61.3 per cent superior) which is testament to how the side has been evolving over the last 18 months or so (we had even more last season) and with additions like Thiago to help us control/create, an attacker to strengthen the depth in Jota, a back-up left-back we might actually get to use at some stage in Tsimikas and (hopefully, finally, some rhythm/chemistry) we should be okay - I'd be gobsmacked if the worst-case-scenario of FOUR sides finishing higher than us were to happen. Gobsmacked.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Unless all our players are coming back, and all of them are going to hit the ground running, then yes things are looking bleak, never mind that the players we do have available look devoid of energy, creativity and potency.
    I disagree, the finishing has let us down, we've been robbed several times also, people are entitled to say we should have put more of our chances away, but we won the league winning several games by the odd goal missing our fair share, had we been robbed of some of those odd goals or had wrong uns given against us, not been given nailed on pens etc we'd have had 16 or more points less last season

We're down 9 on what we should have so far this season and we're not even half way through
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Maybe it shows how much influence purple nose is having behind the scene, how often in the past did he sign someone for half a season
    to a couple of seasons just to fill a gap. Last year they brought that guy in on loan ( forget his name, old age ) forward i think, Jan. they sign Cavani, how many points have they won because of him at least six I think.
    So we need a CB, getting one would allow us to move players back to the mid field, would you hold your nose and get Ramos for the remainder of the season, he might fancy winning the CL with 2 different clubs,

Let's start by having a performance and very,very much needed 3 points tomorrow night.

Aye tees.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Last year they brought that guy in on loan ( forget his name, old age ) forward i think
    You mean Ighalo?

Think he is still on their books actually, though his spell ends this month I believe.