Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 19-21/01/21

Genuine question about that UAE FC goal

If that's the rule, why have officials been consistently flagging players offside returning from such a position all season after the defender's had a touch?

It's happened numerous times in all our games when an opposition player has been and when Mane r Mo have beenand have gone to challenge a player after they've taken a touch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hm... that is an interesting question, do you have a clip of something like that @19x?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Hm... that is an interesting question, do you have a clip of something like that @19x?
    You need a clip? it's how officials have been doing it countless times in every single game i've watched, with every team, if the rule is as the FA claim then their officials haven't applied it over 200 times at least this season

I know exactly what you mean, but I've always accepted that that's just how the rules are so have never paid any attention. It's easy to talk about injustice when we're not being concrete. For the sake of fairness, I'd like to have a concrete example I can compare with Rodri's to try to figure out what the difference is.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Ok so the goal was alright in the rules.UNTIL ITS NOT. Officials interpret the rules in many ways depending on the bias way they view it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ok so the goal was alright in the rules.UNTIL ITS NOT. Officials interpret the rules in many ways depending on the bias way they view it.
    You never got consistencies when it was just down to the referees, why would anyone think it would be any different now. The idea of VAR was to settle arguments, but all it's doing is causing them.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Its when the inconsistencies favours one team 10 times more than another ,the issues arise. Its like that tosser clatternburg claimed refs were bias. Man-united use to win titles by 4/5 points.. how many trophies were they given due to bias?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its when the inconsistencies favours one team 10 times more than another ,the issues arise. Its like that tosser clatternburg claimed refs were bias. Man-united use to win titles by 4/5 points.. how many trophies were they given due to bias?
    At least 7 of their titles including 09

My point about the UAE FC goal wasn't about us, it has been every single game, player coming back from an offside position, defender's taken a touch, player goes to challenge him, the flag's immediately gone up every single time in every instance bar that one

They've consistently stopped us countering when players have been offside, we have won the ball and we're quickly moving forward, blowing really late long after our players had their first touch

The Prem allege as soon as the defender's taken a touch the player is no longer offside

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    At least 7 of their titles including 09
    How do you know any of our titles weren't given to us by dodgy refereeing decisions in the 80s. People were probably saying then, what you are now. The fact is, we were much better than most teams in the 80s, just like United were in the 90s and beyond.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.