Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Midweek Games 19-21/01/21

Theres a very simple way you solve it. If a player is beyond the last defender he is offside. Thats how it should be. This "interfering with play" or not is a load of bollocks that should have nipped in the bud the minute it started all them years ago. There really shouldn't be any grey area. Its black and white.
    Its ridiculous.
    Like Shankly said, a simple game made complicated by idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Genuine question about that UAE FC goal

If that's the rule, why have officials been consistently flagging players offside returning from such a position all season after the defender's had a touch?

It's happened numerous times in all our games when an opposition player has been and when Mane r Mo have beenand have gone to challenge a player after they've taken a touch
    I think that is because the attacker has chased or got the ball before the defender has touched it, there he is offside.

Silva didnt go for the ball before Mings touched it (its a bollox rule as we all know)

Go back to the old days if you are offside you are offside end of.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think that is because the attacker has chased or got the ball before the defender has touched it, there he is offside.

Silva didnt go for the ball before Mings touched it (its a bollox rule as we all know)

Its a Crap rule. It really is a disadvantage to the defenders.

We got done by it against spurs (3 years ago?)
    Kane was miles offside but Lovren tried to intercept the pass to him made a mess of it and directed the ball to Kane. He became active and onside. Ended up getting a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

No no no, Mane's and Mo have tried to challenge and rob defenders loads of times when coming back from an offside position after the defender's had a touch and the flag has always gone up immediately

On the flip side, how many times in games has a player been in an offside position, we've won the ball in front of them, are quickly looking to move forward and then the fucking flag goes up and the ref halts us?

According to the Premier League, as soon as the defender had touched the ball, the player is no longer offside, so why in our games when our defender's had a touch, are our quick counters constantly halted and the game brought back for their player being offside?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No no no, Mane's and Mo have tried to challenge and rob defenders loads of times when coming back from an offside position after the defender's had a touch and the flag has always gone up immediately

On the flip side, how many times in games has a player been in an offside position, we've won the ball in front of them, are quickly looking to move forward and then the fucking flag goes up and the ref halts us?

According to the Premier League, as soon as the defender had touched the ball, the player is no longer offside, so why in our games when our defender's had a touch, are our quick counters constantly halted and the game brought back for their player being offside?
    Mo and Mane play for us so thats in the rules 🤣

Remember slabhead grabbing Mo and then falling down....guess who got the foul ?!

Another rule interpretation that boils my piss is the amount of time it takes for the flag to go up when an attacker is clearly offside. Players are going to get seriously injured because of this.

What annoys me more is the fact some linesmen dont even call offside for the first play.. and it leads to issues in the second play. It happened a couple of times last evening against us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century