Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3235363738394041424344454647484952 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Burnley (Match Thread)

If we lose our next game and West Ham win, they go above us.
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    He did the same thing with Can, who's not even a defensive midfielder.
    Why does he insist on playing players out of their best positions instead of just going into the market and getting a proper replacement?
    Rodgers played Can in a back 3 another weird decision .. I would have left on Origi at least hes got some presence physically in the box. But Klopp brought him off for Firmino. one of his go to men. and everything was still the same. ball to feet and moving the ball. still no way through a back line that was condensed in the middle.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Those three manager's job is to keep their clubs in the PL. It is not to play pretty football that will turn them into a yo-yo club at best. It is up to the 'bigger' and 'richer' clubs to come up with ways to break them down. Not being able to do so is the fault of these bigger/richer clubs, nobody else.
    I agree that is there job but my point is the big clubs are soon going to demand more money.

Sky are losing boxing to Dazn and its only a matter of time before the like of us and United start thinking hold on we are the big draw here.

I am a puriest I expect football to be played in a certain style id refuse to watch that style id rather have a go and lose than play 5-4-1 stuff.

Did anyone else notice when Burnley scored. Looked like Minamino was smirking behind Klopps back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Didn’t we just get 2 huge long breaks before the last 2 games before this one? Didn’t help us did it.

Maybe more games over fewer days will help us.
    why are the fixtures being done like this? long breaks and then no time to recover?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Rodgers played Can in a back 3 another weird decision .. I would have left on Origi at least hes got some presence physically in the box. But Klopp brought him off for Firmino. one of his go to men. and everything was still the same. ball to feet and moving the ball. still no way through a back line that was condensed in the middle.
    I agree Origi didnt deserve to come off.

Yeah he missed a great chance but havent most of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Only player that looked like he might score ffs!!

madness taking him off, then bobby comes on gets a chance as usual and hits it like a little boy

I'm so done with him

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Then he needs to man up to FSG and 'demand' (he is/was the only manager who possibly can/could have done that) that they give him the means for him to do his job effectively. On top of that he has been doing/saying things which have not helped matters at all. Just because he has done some brilliant things, it does not mean he never makes mistakes, or that he shouldn't be criticised or scrutinised.
    I agree, he's not beyond criticism. I do however think its a bit early to be saying its Dortmund allover. We don't know that yet.
    He doesn't seem himself of late and I cant imagine demanding things from FSG would get him anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Klopp needed to freshen this squad up for this season. He gambled, thinking he could get another season out of this lot. His gamble has well and truly blown up in his face. Will struggle to finish in the top four at this rate. FSG wont back him financially, Klopp might walk early.
    Definitely a tough conversation to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Its weird that we call for earlier subs.. Origi gets 4 minutes at the end of games. Only time Klopp makes an early sub is to bring on firmino who gets half an hour.