Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Burnley (Match Thread)

Jurgen

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "We lost the game which is pretty impossible but we did it. That is my fault. It is my job to make sure the boys have the right feelings and confidence. That didn't work out. We had the ball a lot and created some situations that are OK but our final decision is not right. I said the same thing last week. When something doesn't work you must try harder, longer and more often and make better decisions. It didn't work tonight.

"It is always my fault. If I make clear which movement s make sense because it will hurt the opponent and we don't do that then I need to make it clearer. It is not that they don't want. It is difficult to play against these low blocks. It helps if you score the first goal but we didn't. That changes the opponent. After not scoring for a long time not everybody feels confident.

"I never thought of us as free scoring. I knew we had to work hard. It is not the first time or last time it will happen in football. We can only use this game for the next one. It is not because the players do not have the ability Our decision making is the problem. If we score in our big moments it changes things but we did not.”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We'll be ok Kev we will be back.

This season might not be what we want but it is what it is injuries havent helped at all.

Everyone gets injuries but we have had terrible luck really I can just about accept Gomez but VVD/Thiago were done on purpose.
    This is a challenge of Klopp. As obviously reference is being made of Dortmund at the end etc. The most successful Managers the serial winners go through these patches and done out on the other side and build something amazing. Injuries have not helped but mid last season anand to the end we can all agree it was becoming a bit mechanical and stale. So I am looking at Klopp and saying come on show now what you hot when in the ditch.

We must not be too bewitched by not winning the league for 30 years and now we want to win it 30 years on a row. All I want to see I'd Klopp turn it around. If he does and win it this season wow. If he doesn't let him refresh or whatever his team and we do again next season.

All this talk about "refresh" in the summer

We have a couple of problems

1) Coronavirus, who's going to buy the big players if any?? who will have the money?
    2) FSG won't provide a lot of money without selling ofc they never have really
    3) at this rate we might not even be in the champions league

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    No offence, but if anyone believes any of those players are coming to us, they need to give their head a serious wobble.
    I mostly agree with you on Mbappe (definitely) and perhaps Haaland.

Sancho is said to want to come back to England so it's not unreasonable to think he'd be a possibility if only because, although the Mancs are reported to be in for him, if you look at their squad, there's no way he's getting any playing time in that team and displacing any of their front players whereas in our situation, if a Salah leaves for Madrid or we sell Firmino, he'd definitely have a good chance for setting up shop in the starting line-up here.

I always thought the Mbappe to Liverpool' claims were utter rubbish and frankly speaking annoying, because even if he'd want to leave PSG, England is definitely not the first place he'd look to go.
    In Haaland's case, there's only the fact that his father played in England (for Leeds) that leads me to believe he would be open to the idea.

Unfortunately for us, in that situation, it's more likely that the Norwegian connection with Ole would be a much stronger draw for him than playing for Klopp.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    CD gets it!

Honestly sick and tired of all the excuses "fatigue, the refs are against us, we have no fans" Apart from injuries, there isn't any acceptable excuse apart from the players aren't playing anymore.

Every other side has the same fixture congestion, has the same fatigue and is lacking fans.
    Don't forget some other 'favourite' excuses.....

- The officiating is out to get us (As if we play each game with a different set of officials from other teams).
    - Fatigue (....because the players didn't get an extended break during the shutdown)
    - FSG not providing funds (...as if any amount of spending in the transfer market would fix some of the mess we're now being forced to watch)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Did anyone actually think we'd score tonight?

After the first 30 mins I just thought oh here we go again

you just knew it wasn't going to happen, same old same old...

One thing that did surprise was Allison giving the penalty away and actually losing, I thought we'd get another 0-0 draw at least to burnley of all teams..

no goals in 4 jesus wept
    And that's exactly what I said early this morning/yesterday. You can often tell within the first fifteen minutes or so how we are going to play/get on. If we start slowly and/or look as toothless in front of goal as we have done, that usually continues for most of the match.

In recent seasons we have had enough about us, or made the most of a mistake to get over the line. This season those things aren't occurring which is why we've dropped points and lost games to a solitary goal despite the opposition not exactly putting us under pressure for ninety minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jurgen

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "We lost the game which is pretty impossible but we did it. That is my fault. It is my job to make sure the boys have the right feelings and confidence. That didn't work out. We had the ball a lot and created some situations that are OK but our final decision is not right. I said the same thing last week. When something doesn't work you must try harder, longer and more often and make better decisions. It didn't work tonight.

"It is always my fault. If I make clear which movement s make sense because it will hurt the opponent and we don't do that then I need to make it clearer. It is not that they don't want. It is difficult to play against these low blocks. It helps if you score the first goal but we didn't. That changes the opponent. After not scoring for a long time not everybody feels confident.

"I never thought of us as free scoring. I knew we had to work hard. It is not the first time or last time it will happen in football. We can only use this game for the next one. It is not because the players do not have the ability Our decision making is the problem. If we score in our big moments it changes things but we did not.”
    Says it's his fault, but then will start the next game with Trent and Bobby in the starting line-up despite both stinking the joint out with their awful play, while the likes of Minamino have to wait until minute 87 to get a look in.

Hey Jurge, you know what would give the players the right feelings and confidence?
    Not dropping them to the bench for weeks after they've had a great game in a 7-0 win in the only game they've started like you did to Taki, or not persisting week after week with players having shite performances while alternatives rot on the bench.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I mostly agree with you on Mbappe (definitely) and perhaps Haaland.

Sancho is said to want to come back to England so it's not unreasonable to think he'd be a possibility if only because, although the Mancs are reported to be in for him, if you look at their squad, there's no way he's getting any playing time in that team and displacing any of their front players whereas in our situation, if a Salah leaves for Madrid or we sell Firmino, he'd definitely have a good chance for setting up shop in the starting line-up here.

I always thought the Mbappe to Liverpool' claims were utter rubbish and frankly speaking annoying, because even if he'd want to leave PSG, England is definitely not the first place he'd look to go.
    In Haaland's case, there's only the fact that his father played in England (for Leeds) that leads me to believe he would be open to the idea.

Unfortunately for us, in that situation, it's more likely that the Norwegian connection with Ole would be a much stronger draw for him than playing for Klopp.
    There is absolutely no way FSG are paying that big a fee for Sancho (never mind wages), unless at least one, if not two of our front three (Salah and/or Mane) get sold. By far and away the main reason why we won't be signing any of those players is because our owners will not sanction/stump up the cash for such signings, not because those players have some link with a particular club or manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Don't forget some other 'favourite' excuses.....

- The officiating is out to get us (As if we play each game with a different set of officials from other teams).
    - Fatigue (....because the players didn't get an extended break during the shutdown)
    - FSG not providing funds (...as if any amount of spending in the transfer market would fix some of the mess we're now being forced to watch)
    Fatigue issue I dont agree with people keep saying they had a "break" but they didnt.

They still had to keep their fitness programs up and didnt know when they would be back.

It has been a disadvantage for ALL teams who play in Europe/international football.

Covid has played its part too on ALL teams its not a normal season and Newcastle have had 2-3 out for a long time due to this as well.

I want us to win like everyone does but peoples health comes first.

Glad I missed that shitshow.

Agree that if we miss out on top four then nobody worth a damn comes here and we will probably lose at least one major player. This team is on the edge of free fall.