Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3942434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Burnley (Match Thread)

Trying to emulate a UAE FC side playing as they were when you just knocked off their perch when they're trying to be more like you were to do that to become competitive again was always a fucking stupid idea - No further comment needed
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Agree that if we miss out on top four then nobody worth a damn comes here
    I'd need to refer to Google to say this with more confidence, but were we in the Champion's League at the time of the arrivals of....

Sturridge
    Coutinho
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Mane

...?

Dropping out of the Top Four would be a massive body-blow, but it wouldn't put us in a permanent coma.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd need to refer to Google to say this with more confidence, but were we in the Champion's League at the time of the arrivals of....

Sturridge
    Coutinho
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Mane

...?

Dropping out of the Top Four would be a massive body-blow, but it wouldn't put us in a permanent coma.
    so positive.we havent won in 5.. hows that feel? or doesnt it matter?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Fatigue issue I dont agree with people keep saying they had a "break" but they didnt.

They still had to keep their fitness programs up and didnt know when they would be back.

It has been a disadvantage for ALL teams who play in Europe/international football.

Covid has played its part too on ALL teams its not a normal season and Newcastle have had 2-3 out for a long time due to this as well.

I want us to win like everyone does but peoples health comes first.
    It's not like we were the only teams that didn't get a break and are suffering from 'fatigue'.

I mean come on, it's still a shit excuse.

Never mind that this bad run of form began BEFORE the pandemic began after we got back from the winter break last season.
    On top of the fact that we got kicked out of the Champion's League shortly after that and didn't have that as another excuse of fixture congestion and too many games to play (we were also kicked out of the FA Cup within a week of that CL elimination by Atletico and had long already exited the Carabao cup before Christmas).

Meanwhile, City who went to the latter stages of all three cup competitions (winning the Carabao cup on the way) while still maintaining a title charge (Despite being so far behind) look like the freshest team on the lot despite their own injury issues.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    so positive.we havent won in 5.. hows that feel? or doesnt it matter?
    Don't worry

we're away to utd and spurs next then west ham

Just the teams you want to play when you can't create or score for shit

This could get proper grim

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Trying to emulate a UAE FC side playing as they were when you just knocked off their perch when they're trying to be more like you were to do that to become competitive again was always a fucking stupid idea - No further comment needed
    We haven't knocked anyone off their perch. You knock them off with consistency. 1 league title in 30 years doesn't constitute knocking anyone off. You're smarter than that Nineteen

Sturridge
    Coutinho
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Mane

...?

None of those players were 'highly sought after' players.

Yes those players turned out better than their fees and the level of demand the were in at the time suggested, but that is no guarantee that we will continue finding such players. Also they were individual buys, whereas we need to get in a few players.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It's not like we were the only teams that didn't get a break and are suffering from 'fatigue'.

I mean come on, it's still a shit excuse.

Never mind that this bad run of form began BEFORE the pandemic began after we got back from the winter break last season.
    On top of the fact that we got kicked out of the Champion's League shortly after that and didn't have that as another excuse of fixture congestion and too many games to play (we were also kicked out of the FA Cup within a week of that CL elimination by Atletico and had long already exited the Carabao cup before Christmas).

Meanwhile, City who went to the latter stages of all three cup competitions (winning the Carabao cup on the way) while still maintaining a title charge (Despite being so far behind) look like the freshest team on the lot despite their own injury issues.
    We are having a bad season by our standards.

City arent a real club lets be honest.

I will be glad when this is over as it is one MASSIVE ASTERISK season and everyone knows it

Sturridge
    Coutinho
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Mane

...?

Not the same appeal when you cant string a decent run of games Sid. The "klopp factor" isn't so appealing when you cant motivate the team. Hugs are lovely and all that, but not playing a player who's played well the previous game is detrimental. Same thing with Origi and Shaq. Benched for the untouchable three

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Not having fans in the ground is hurting us more than anyone. I know it's easy to say but the crowd play a huge part in our players playing to the levels we've seen these past few years,
    Don’t believe this to be honest