Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Burnley (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This season or the one we won the title in?

Because that sword cuts both ways mate, and if you're going to start placing asterisks on seasons we just happened to under-performed in, then it will be (rightly) pointed out to you that the season we won number 19 in wasn't exactly a normal season either (from start to finish).
    How can last season be an asterisk we played 29 real games and NOBODY was catching us we won 27 out of 29.

My point is pundits mentioned it to try and goad us why no mention of it now ?

This season is being played for money reasons only as you can see with non league being suspended in the UK.

I have said all of this all season and yet we still have idiots saying we must finish the season by May to play the Euros, utter madness as Covid wont be gone by then.

The way its going next season is going to start BCD again.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    How can last season be an asterisk we played 29 real games and NOBODY was catching us we won 27 out of 29.

My point is pundits mentioned it to try and goad us why no mention of it now ?

This season is being played for money reasons only as you can see with non league being suspended in the UK.

I have said all of this all season and yet we still have idiots saying we must finish the season by May to play the Euros, utter madness as Covid wont be gone by then.

The way its going next season is going to start BCD again.

Let’s not be like that. No chance either season deserves to have an asterisk. When it serves us we don’t want it and when it doesn’t we do?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Let’s not be like that. No chance either season deserves to have an asterisk. When it serves us we don’t want it and when it doesn’t we do?
    I am half joking mate.

Thing is not a mention of it at all and its only a matter of time before Sky lose the rights cant wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's all remember these lads have been absolutely incredible these past 3 seasons, a big part of that was continuity of selection and formation, the Villa debacle aside they started the season very well, i think they have lost form as a result of enforced changes and changes to how we play, trying to change too much at once for me and stopping doing things we should have been gradually adding greater ability to play through teams to and 100% retaining.

Whatever anyone else says, i think the VAR bollocks combined with the intense 'anyone but Liverpool' crap kicking into top gear has had an affect, not the one i expected at all, i thought it would make them raise their levels even higher just as the Ramos final and being pipped by UAE FC courtesy of poor officiating did

I just want to see as much continuity of selection of as many of the team from last seasons purple patch in their positions, doing the things that made them so formidable for the remainder of this season now, they're our lads and they're great lads
    Every team has to evolve. This team hit the wall last season after league was won and it’s getting worse and worse. We need to win the fa cup now while tweaking and shaping for another tilt next season when motivation levels should bounce back having relinquished the title with a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Bloody hell noods

you think highly of yourself don't you!

Wonder if they'll sign 19x for under 12's football teams?? manager obviously gives himself something to do instead of talking to himself on here and him being a pro n all

Maybe they'll sign me for womens football? I'm growing a cracking pair of tits
    Have you received a DM from Justin, looking pics yet ? 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    That couldn't be any further from the truth.
    I know noods don't take me serious

and not yet ian, why do you think I said that??

I'm waiting... I mean I need something to cheer me up, get a move on lads

I noticed how noone said about fabinho last night, he's not the answer long term to CB because he's not a CB

very easily beaten by a simple header over the top to barnes, a CB would of dealt with that.

https://youtu.be/lmYU-n0MHYE?t=134

Awful defending, can't be too harsh on him he's been great, but this is what happens when you have to play out of position
    Last edited by Kev0909; 22nd January 2021 at 01:11 PM.

Bloody hell noods

you think highly of yourself don't you!

Wonder if they'll sign 19x for under 12's football teams?? manager obviously gives himself something to do instead of talking to himself on here and him being a pro n all

Maybe they'll sign me for womens football? I'm growing a cracking pair of tits

Thanks pal, I just sprayed tea all over the laptop.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I noticed how noone said about fabinho last night, he's not the answer long term to CB because he's not a CB

very easily beaten by a simple header over the top to barnes, a CB would of dealt with that.

https://youtu.be/lmYU-n0MHYE?t=134

Awful defending, can't be too harsh on him he's been great, but this is what happens when you have to play out of position
    Blimey I’m starting to agree with you a lot !

He is ok to fill in as you say and he has done a great job to be honest.

We need to have people stop keep saying he is better than Gomez he absolutely is not at CB.

Our best pairing is Matip/VVD but Gomez is a very good CB and his pace is key to the way we defend he is better than Upamecano imo.

With Fab in midfield we don’t get bullied either he is a unit in the middle and it also helps with set pieces as well being over 6ft.

What a dive that was.