Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v the filthy FA Cup

Your team v the filthy FA Cup

For me ditch the one paced tappy tappy Wegeresque crap, play as near our best 11 being more direct as well as trying to play through as it's our best chance of rekindling doing the things that made us Champions and getting the long term relationships between those players working again

Be more direct, win second balls from switches and longer balls and create from there, try to play through also, but don't overplay if the ball's on to any of the other forwards 1v1 play it, don't play it wide and let opposition players get back and ser

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Remember what made you winners, be aggressive, be direct, do everything quickly, go out there and bum the filthy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Alisson

Trent Matip Philips/Williams Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Think i'll watch eastenders on catchup instead or something

I really don’t care

We are going to lose this match.

I'll be honest im just hoping City now go on a monster winning streak apart from when they play us.

CL is our best chance this season people might think im mad but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I really don’t care
    Same here
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We'll start bumming teams again soon enough if we go back to doing what made us great and stop trying to play like UAE FC were last season and the season before

I've watched UAE FC a few times this season and they're trying to be more like we were, playing longer, bacon face tryin those Hendo switches and attempted balls over the top a lot and generally being a lot more direct and not overplaying, whereas Hendo looks like he's been told to stop playing them and persist wit the crappy tappy overplaying

I'l be honest, i've enjoyed watching UAE FC as it's been like watching us the past 2 seasons in a season we've abandoned doing those things for whatever ridiculous reason

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We'll start bumming teams again soon enough if we go back to doing what made us great and stop trying to play like UAE FC were last season and the season before

I've watched UAE FC a few times this season and they're trying to be more like we were, playing longer, bacon face tryin those Hendo switches and attempted balls over the top a lot and generally being a lot more direct and not overplaying, whereas Hendo looks like he's been told to stop playing them and persist wit the crappy tappy overplaying
    We won't we look flat.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Why would De Bruyne want to copy what Henderson does ? Have a look at his assists and scoring record since he signed for City. And Henderson tried a few of those passes against Man Utd, i think one of them found a team mate.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.