Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v the filthy FA Cup

Skint...? After record profits, Champions League winners - League title winners - gigantic Nike ( I fucking hate them ) ... and people still struggling to see the gigantic big fat elephant in the room...?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Skint...? After record profits, Champions League winners - League title winners - gigantic Nike ( I fucking hate them ) ... and people still struggling to see the gigantic big fat elephant in the room...?
    Starting to think if thiago set us back that much money wise, we should of spent it on what was really needed but it's all hindsight after the injury's I guess

Skint as in the money we generate has gone we have lost £100m and counting.

FSG won’t put their own money in we have known that from day one it is what it is.

Football is a now a business not a game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Skint as in the money we generate has gone we have lost £100m and counting.

FSG won’t put their own money in we have known that from day one it is what it is.

Football is a now a business not a game anymore.
    We have lost £100 million . How do you know that..? How much have Spurs - United - Arsenal or any of the other 10 sides who have all out spent us lost..?

If football is a business and we have won more than any of these sides in recent years then how come they can spend but we can’t, sounds like our business is shite.!

We needed cover up top and at the back and we needed it a while ago - if we can’t go out and justpay what is needed after winning what we have - then we never will. Sell 2 buy shite STILL even after Klopp’s miracles.

Seriously some seem to think Covid only effects Liverpool FC.

Come on - time stop making excuses.
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd January 2021 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Starting to think if thiago set us back that much money wise, we should of spent it on what was really needed but it's all hindsight after the injury's I guess
    People were crying out for a classy ball playing midfielder and we went and got one.

People said we needed competiton for the front 3 and we went and got one.

We needed cover for LB and we went and got one.

If Klopp thought that Fab was enough as 4th choice CB then letting big Lov go was the right decision.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

We needed a Thiago years ago. Klopp built a system designed to work without one - the transition isn’t easy. He has known that midfield was sub standard for years hence Keita - Ox - Shaq.... it’s tough for Thiago now though Especially when you don’t have a defence worthy of the name and a front line that cannot score a goal.

People forget Hendo was shocking before Virgil arrived and Robbo came into the team with Trent on the opposite flank. Emre bleedin Can was a far better player - but he went for free to Turin - bad move all over. We have had a workman like middle ever since - utterly dependent the rock at the back and on two bombing & crossing full backs supplying that front line.

The moment one of those key factors is missing you see the glaring deficiency. Klopp himself - who ain't the best at building a midfield - spotted this a while back and has been on a quest to rectify it. You cannot dominate for long relying so heavily on the same group all being fit at the same time. you need other ways to play and other ways to win. You need to control games more - not just possession but controlled play.

The team is not broken as some have mentioned BUT it needs some surgery. That surgery isn't going to happen unless some funds are released BEFORE more players are lost!
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd January 2021 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    People were crying out for a classy ball playing midfielder and we went and got one.

People said we needed competiton for the front 3 and we went and got one.

We needed cover for LB and we went and got one.

If Klopp thought that Fab was enough as 4th choice CB then letting big Lov go was the right decision.
    True mate

but we won the league and came very close without him, the midfield has been very average but they all worked very well together which made up for it.

Personally think we'll get a CB in the summer even with VVD and gomez back and put fabinho back in midfield I hope

We have lost £100 million . How do you know that..? How much have Spurs - United - Arsenal or any of the other 10 sides who have all out spent us lost..?

If football is a business and we have won more than any of these sides in recent years then how come they can spend but we can’t, sounds like our business is shite.!

We needed cover up top and at the back and we needed it a while ago - if we can’t go out and justpay what is needed after winning what we have - then we never will. Sell 2 buy shite STILL even after Klopp’s miracles.

Seriously some seem to think Covid only effects Liverpool FC.

Come on - time stop making excuses.
    Because you work out how many games at Anfield have been BCD and no hospitality packages it is around £100m in revenue lost.

Man Utd have lost more money than us on the gate but they do generate more than us via sponsorships.

Arsenal/Spurs have both taken £100m bank loans, is that wise ?

Who exactly have Arsenal/Spurs signed ?? Arsenal are in the bargain bucket loaning anyone they can get there hands on.

EVERY club has lost money it doesn’t take brains to work that out my point is we MIGHT be skint I don’t know if we are, but how do you know we aren’t skint ?

I've spoken at length about FSG before, but you brought up other clubs and their apparent ability to spend, so I'll briefly touch on it.

Willingness to be in debt is part of that. FSG have been very consistent in wanting the club to be pretty self-sustainable.

Spurs for example are over £600m in debt at present I believe.

Kroenke (Arsenal) is borrowing money to help pay off a £260m debt that Arsenal owe - I think £145m or so of that has been paid off, but that was in the form of a loan, which Kroenke paid back.....by borrowing.....

United have a NET debt of over £470m. Not sure what the more "raw" figure is as my understanding of economics is very limited. They're a revenue-generating machine in "normal" circumstances due to their business management in the advent of the Premier League, combined with subsequent sustained success and commerical deals abroad - an area we are only really catching up to over the last few years. So they have been badly hit, but badly hit from a head-start, if you will. So they are harder to read.

But the short answer is that other clubs are currently more willing to put their club's future at risk for the sake of short-term gains. This strategy may bear fruit for those clubs over the next 3-10 years, or it may utterly wreck them - the fact of the matter is that we simply aren't going to know for a while yet. Spurs for example could be in a LOT of trouble if they were to miss out on Champion's League qualification a couple of seasons in a row.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    True mate

but we won the league and came very close without him, the midfield has been very average but they all worked very well together which made up for it.

Personally think we'll get a CB in the summer even with VVD and gomez back and put fabinho back in midfield I hope
    Supporting that high line, our press and counter press our forwards and our full backs playing as high as they have to bring us that success is now average? One of them was so average he was voted poty, give over
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”