Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Was Arbeloa injury prone? I don't remember him being particularly bad but it has been a while.
    Not that I remember. I was just saying that we'd only bring him back if he currently is injury prone. It was Aurelio on the other side of the pitch who was made of biscuits.

Shame about Aurelio, he was very good when he did manage to play for us..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    It was Aurelio on the other side of the pitch who was made of biscuits.
    Aurelio's capacity to come back into the fray having not played for weeks and be absolutely on it as if he had never been injured was brilliant.

Would have loved to have seen what he could have done for us with a good injury record.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Aurelio's capacity to come back into the fray having not played for weeks and be absolutely on it as if he had never been injured was brilliant.

Would have loved to have seen what he could have done for us with a good injury record.
    He's one of an ever increaesing list of players who we never really got to see the best of. Harry Kewell is the one for me - One of the most natural footballers i've ever seen, shame he spent more time on the treatment table.

Tees made a point about players not playing through injuries (re Matip) in the match thread and I think Kewell was one of those. If he wasnt fit he wouldnt play.

I did watch a video with Michael Owen on BT sports about his injuries. He said that all of his family (who all played sports at various levels) suffered from muscle/hamstring injuries. Sometimes it's just coded into your DNA.

On Trent. He was boss last night. Let's hope he can carry it on...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

He was crossing the ball from a far better position last night, just inside his own half with our players running onto the ball. Unlike a John Barnes type player who can run to the byline and cross a brilliant ball. That's what Trent has been doing these past weeks.
    Back to basics, and it worked.

Not picked for England squad?

Their loss. Our gain.

Joke of a decision by the twat in a waistcoat and I feel for Trent but it is absolutely to our gain.

Screw-em Trent - save it for the Liverbird

He's fucking useless, trent would be great against many teams

His time will surely come again, though this season hasn't been his best. Southgate probably saw both sides of him when coming to the games.

Good he gets a rest THANK YOU!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century