Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Feel bad for the lad, because you know he wanted to go.
    But it's for the best, Trent.

They never appreciated you the way we do.

Every player has bad periods or down phases, but he's always our Trent.
    I just hope this lights a fire under him for next season.
    Go get a rest.
    Clear your head, and come back motivated and fired up to prove what a twat Southgate was in leaving you out.

Especially after they get booted out by Croatia or Spain in the quarters, mainly for lacking width or attacking strength at the flanks.

Work on your defense though, Trent.

So that's Trent not going.
    Virgil's ruled himself out, and I don't want to hear any word about Joe even thinking of going even if he were picked (he hasn't thank goodness.

That means our backline should get well-rested and ready for next season.
    Too bad about Copa America because you know the Brazilian lads are gonna wanna win that one now that the venue has been shifted from Argentina back to Brazil where they won it the last time. I'd have much rather the likes of Allison and Fabby get some rest as well - Especially Alli, who's had an especially tough season with his dad passing and all. Bobby could use the shooting practice, though.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 31st May 2021 at 07:47 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    His time will surely come again, though this season hasn't been his best. Southgate probably saw both sides of him when coming to the games.
    Still we got to see the one dimensional southgate as a fool, who'd land a young player in the shit for no good reason.

An absolute joke of a decision, Trent is better than all the other England right backs, he has better defensive AND attacking stats than all of them THIS SEASON, playing in a completely unsettled backline and with a completely unsettled midfield in front on the defence all season

I've seen Walker makes 4 really bad errors leading to goals against City this season, including giving 3 penalties away needlessly

I've seen James make 2 errors that culminated in goals

Not seen Trippier, but his team park the bus in most games anyway

I don't think the decision is in anyway a reflection on Trent's ability, I think it's a reflection of Southgate knowing his own limitations and lack of ability. Jurgen organised our lads to go unbeaten in our last 10 Premier League game, winning 8 and drawing 2, missing our captain and with 2 of our 3 forwards in the worst form of their careers and using Phillips and Rhys Williams at CB in eight of our last 10 games, the eight we won, with 5 clean sheets in that eight, with Fabinho and Rhys at CB in the 2 we drew, ALL of them with Robbo and Trent as attacking full backs and doing their part defensively too

What Southgate is effectively saying by leaving Trent out is that he doesn't believe HE (Southgate) has the ability to organise the players at his disposal including 2 CBs he thinks are England's best 2 CBs, into a 433, which is the best formation for the players England have, including 2 attacking full backs, one of whom is not only brilliant at creating opportunities for team mates in that system, but is also brilliant at making the play and orchestrating attacks from deeper through that and has better defensive stats playing in that system than any of the other RBs Southgate picked in his initial squad, into a successful team that can win the European Championship
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Southgate probably doesn't even know Trent's defensive stats this season playing in a makeshift Liverpool side are better than any of the full backs he's selected, not just the RBs, probably just listens to gobshites like Mills, Upson and Co on Sky Sports and numerous media hack know nothings trot out old cliches completely oblivious to the fact Trent has improved defensive wise considerably, they still talk about him as though it's Trent from when he was first brought into the team

Looks like common sense prevailing and Trent will be included, he gives us and England something no other full back in World football has, what he does further forward is incredible, better than any other full back in world football, but what he does and offers from deeper in the balls he can play and his playmaking ability is absolutely priceless, he can play balls from there none of the England midfielders can play from deep and what it gives you on the counter and to go from defending to being immediately on an attack you have every chance of scoring from is absolutely made for the forwards and attacking mids England have

Trent's in and on a point of clarity for Sky, England do not have 4 world class right backs, there's only one in the squad Southgate picked and THAT is Trent

I would not swap Trent for any other RB in world football, because he's the best, by an absolute mile and I absolutely would never move him into midfield, because having a right back with Trent's playmaking and passing ability is simply priceless and gives you incredible options and now we've got 3 CBs in Virgil, Konate and Matip who are all great with the ball as well as being absolute beasts of commanding CBs

That's just brilliant, teams try and press you and you've got 3 players in your back four who can all play passes that are instantly going to see you threatening at the other end

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Looks like common sense prevailing and Trent will be included, he gives us and England something no other full back in World football has, the ability to help with warming the bench seats for Gareth Southgate and allow the player two minutes here and there as he is too much of a yes man in a suit.
    Fixed that for you...
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Fuck!

I was kind of hoping they went ahead and left him out and spared us the worries of him picking up an injury.

Still holding out hope for an early Ingurland exit or that they sparingly use both him and Jordan.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Trent's in and on a point of clarity for Sky, England do not have 4 world class right backs, there's only one in the squad Southgate picked and THAT is Trent

I would not swap Trent for any other RB in world football, because he's the best, by an absolute mile and I absolutely would never move him into midfield, because having a right back with Trent's playmaking and passing ability is simply priceless and gives you incredible options and now we've got 3 CBs in Virgil, Konate and Matip who are all great with the ball as well as being absolute beasts of commanding CBs

That's just brilliant, teams try and press you and you've got 3 players in your back four who can all play passes that are instantly going to see you threatening at the other end
    Maybe Southgates read the match day threads, Trent, along with others have took some serious criticism.

If trent could work well with kane it would be brilliant if he did the same as he does here for us, but that's the problem with this england team it's always disjointed never get the best out the players.

against some of the best attackers, I wouldn't play him- but then again if he's beating them back and making them defend- that's not exactly a bad thing better than someone running at walker for example all game.