Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Fuck!

I was kind of hoping they went ahead and left him out and spared us the worries of him picking up an injury.

Still holding out hope for an early Ingurland exit or that they sparingly use both him and Jordan.
    Absobloodyexactly... my thoughts too.

Hmmmm... so, talk of England maybe using Trent in midfield. Hope they do, I’d like to see how he did there, we’re not exactly over endowed in that area.

If he did move up the pitch, I would definitely look at Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey to take Trent’s place at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hmmmm... so, talk of England maybe using Trent in midfield. Hope they do, I’d like to see how he did there, we’re not exactly over endowed in that area.

If he did move up the pitch, I would definitely look at Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey to take Trent’s place at RB.
    Why would you ever move the world's best RB? You do realise how absolutely unique and priceless his playmaking ability from RB when deeper is and that gives us options and possibilities no other team has from that position, and why on earth would you want to lose such an incredible advantage

We need to sign De Paul or another top class attacking LCM/RCM not give up a huge advantage we have over every other team pissing about playing a full back in midfield.

The 'Great attacking full back, we should play him in midfield' thing always really annoyed me, part of the reason Trent produces what he does is he gets more time at RB to make the play, when in midfield he'd have less and probably be man marked and he'd be further forward so we'd be automatically sacrificing his playmaking from deep that can see us be under pressure then release a player and score seconds later at the other end, and he gets more time and space and is able to be released as frequently as he is to create further forward because he times his runs and arrives into space from deeper with the opposition mids occupied by our midfielder ahead of him

It's almost as though people don't understand what makes the best attacking full backs so good and that the entire dynamics of why they are so good as an attacking full back change dramatically as soon as they move to starting in midfield
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st June 2021 at 09:10 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think England will play a back three and use Walker/James as a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Southgate is definitely going to play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Wingback is between Trent and James. RCB between Walker and Trippier. Or Shaw could play LCB and then it will be one of the 4 at RWB. Southgate has gone for versality but in the end it is going to be square in round holes.

If he makes Foden and Mount the main players and uses Grealish enough. With Kane uo top England do stand a chance. But it is down to tactics and right personnel on the day.

Trent is the best of the lot so he would give the quality at RCB. But if he chooses Trippier or Walker they are overhyped and not good enough imo. So too Mings.

The right formation for England should be 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1
    Pickford (he is rubbish but since he is picked)
    Trent
    Maguire
    Stones
    Shaw
    Hendo
    Rice
    Mount
    Foden
    Sterling/Sancho/Rashford
    Kane

Coady, Mings, Trippier, Phillips, Lewin are not my cup of tea. Don't think they are international(s) level.

Calvert Lewin is the only player i rate at Everton the rest of squad is full over priced shit.. that only know how to break bones and damage knees
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yep - this is how I see it as well.

Pickford
    Trippier - Walker - Slabhead - Stones - Shaw
    Rice - Henderson
    Sterling - Kane - Rashford

No real shocks in the squad tbh. Not sure about Southgate's tactics mind.

Think i'd go with -

Johnstone
    TTA - Slabhead - Stones - Shaw
    Henderson - Rice
    Sancho - Foden - Grealish
    Kane
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Pickford. Walker Stones Maguire Shaw. Henderson Rice. Mount Grealish Sterling. Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Calvert Lewin is the only player i rate at Everton the rest of squad is full over priced shit.. that only know how to break bones and damage knees
    Even he’s average at best

Not my choice, just what I think the team will be.