Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 115

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,519
    it's not a bad squad at all for this euros considering all the doom and gloom about england lacking upcoming youngsters years back.

    Still under southgate, i'm not sure he knows what he's doing

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,787
    You never know - might get a joke draw like the World Cup in Russia again. Also Wembley officials like '66?

    Think Kane & Sterling - all those penalties - relentless free kicks for dive after dive after dive...

    But it's Engerland so we all say nowt..

    Law of averages says eventually even a technically deficient side like Engerland can make it. Fitness levels gained from the intensity of playing in the Prem usually carries Engerland further than they should go.. Who knows maybe this time?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,519
    Hopefully sterling doesn't even start

    I'd like to see

    BigGormz
    That german english playing twat that villa wannabe manc scum

    but good luck southgate, he's gonna get stick if we don't do well whatever team because people will be saying should of played X Y Z

    be interesting to see if he could get mount and foden in the same team too, but I don't see it
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd June 2021 at 12:13 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You never know - might get a joke draw like the World Cup in Russia again. Also Wembley officials like '66?

    Think Kane & Sterling - all those penalties - relentless free kicks for dive after dive after dive...

    But it's Engerland so we all say nowt..

    Law of averages says eventually even a technically deficient side like Engerland can make it. Fitness levels gained from the intensity of playing in the Prem usually carries Engerland further than they should go.. Who knows maybe this time?
    Apart from Hurst none goal in the final, there wasn't any more major decisions that England benefitted from. They should have had a stronger referee for Brazils group , Pele might have stood a chance if they had.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,787
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Apart from Hurst none goal in the final, there wasn't any more major decisions that England benefitted from. They should have had a stronger referee for Brazils group , Pele might have stood a chance if they had.
    This is a very Englander centric view.

    My old fella went to a fair few games at Goodison that tournament - he always said the thing was rigged for England to win and that it was unspoken but pretty much known by many. That doesn’t mean it was but so many stars aligned for the hosts who weren’t really in the top 5 of teams competing.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...eeing-50-years

    Also for evidence of Wembleys blatant influence on officials for England games - watch the England Spain game in 96.... It was a travesty.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 12:18 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This is a very Englander centric view.

    My old fella went to a fair few games at Goodison that tournament - he always said the thing was rigged for England to win and that it was unspoken but pretty much known by many. That doesn’t mean it was but so many stars aligned for the hosts who weren’t really in the top 5 of teams competing.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...eeing-50-years

    Also for evidence of Wembleys blatant influence on officials for England games - watch the England Spain game in 96.... It was a travesty.
    No idea about 96 I can't remember but I don't recall any controversial moments regarding England, I saw all the games. Rattin got sent off for the argies and it took him ages to leave the field. Ramsey called them animals, that was putting it mildly.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,787
    Made sure all genuine rivals were out of the way. Pretty simple tactic.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    I'd go 433 Kane drops off a lot, so I don't see any benefit or point to Kane up top as a 1, a great many of his assists for Spurs were in a 3 releasing Son, Moura, Bale, Bergwijn from that deeper position he often picks the ball up in, plus in Trent, Hendo and Mount England have players well capable and practiced at releasing the talented wide/inside forwards early in space or in space through switches

    All fit

    Prickford

    Trent Stones Maguire Chilwell

    Rice Henderson Mount

    Sancho Kane Foden

    Think that's the best use of the players England have, Henderson, Mount, Rice, Sancho, Foden, Trent, Chilwell all very used to playing an aggressive pressing game and looking for the early ball for the quick wide/inside forwards

    I think Chilwell has come on a lot under Tuchel and adapted to be a more aggressive pressing defender and moved a level above Shaw and uses the ball better than him and makes better runs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd go 433 Kane drops off a lot, so I don't see any benefit or point to Kane up top as a 1, a great many of his assists for Spurs were in a 3 releasing Son, Moura, Bale, Bergwijn from that deeper position he often picks the ball up in, plus in Trent, Hendo and Mount England have players well capable and practiced at releasing the talented wide/inside forwards early in space or in space through switches

    All fit

    Prickford

    Trent Stones Maguire Chilwell

    Rice Henderson Mount

    Sancho Kane Foden

    Think that's the best use of the players England have, Henderson, Mount, Rice, Sancho, Foden, Trent, Chilwell all very used to playing an aggressive pressing game and looking for the early ball for the quick wide/inside forwards

    I think Chilwell has come on a lot under Tuchel and adapted to be a more aggressive pressing defender and moved a level above Shaw and uses the ball better than him and makes better runs
    I don't think it matters what team he goes with, they are not getting near the final.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,519
    It's not that bad of a team though, but southgate........

Similar Threads

  1. Trent Alexander-Arnold injury update
    By LFC.tv in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th November 2020, 07:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd July 2020, 11:40 AM
  3. ePL Invitational: Trent Alexander-Arnold's QF LIVE!
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th April 2020, 11:46 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd April 2020, 02:11 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th April 2020, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •