Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd go 433 Kane drops off a lot, so I don't see any benefit or point to Kane up top as a 1, a great many of his assists for Spurs were in a 3 releasing Son, Moura, Bale, Bergwijn from that deeper position he often picks the ball up in, plus in Trent, Hendo and Mount England have players well capable and practiced at releasing the talented wide/inside forwards early in space or in space through switches

All fit

Prickford

Trent Stones Maguire Chilwell

Rice Henderson Mount

Sancho Kane Foden

Think that's the best use of the players England have, Henderson, Mount, Rice, Sancho, Foden, Trent, Chilwell all very used to playing an aggressive pressing game and looking for the early ball for the quick wide/inside forwards

I think Chilwell has come on a lot under Tuchel and adapted to be a more aggressive pressing defender and moved a level above Shaw and uses the ball better than him and makes better runs
    I think i'd go for that team with grealish coming off the bench / covering and sterling...

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't think it matters what team he goes with, they are not getting near the final.
    They could do if Southgate is brave, plays a 433 and uses the players as they play at their best for their clubs and just goes for it, better to go for it and look to attack sides and win through your attacking quality than restrict your attacking ability to beat side through overthinking your weaknesses at CB

We were unbeaten in our last 10 League games, playing Rhys Williams and Phillips at CB in the 8 wins and Rhys Williams and Fabinho in the 2 draws, going for it, attacking teams. How Kane played the last 2 seasons, he operates quite like Bobby, but releases the quicker wide forwards better and gets in the box after doing so a lot better and is a far deadlier goalscorer, England have wide/inside forwards of similar quality, you'd have to say the CBs at their disposal are better than the ones we used in that run who were absolutely heroic, Hendo and Trent are both brilliant at releasing the wide/inside forwards and the LCM or LB, Hendo No6 Rice the controller, Mount, Bellingham, Grealish the more attacking and creative LCM, works for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Watching this game, illustrates why I think Southgate should play a 433, no runs in behind, commentators actually all over it, England's 3 in the 4231 constantly coming short and congesting the areas Trent and Trippier use to be found in space, England have NO CHANCE of doing well in the Euros trying to pass through teams and playing a 4231 and having no runs in behind, all too slow, players getting in the way of and in the space of other players, I know it's a warm up, but the formation and tactics and lack of appreciation of the players abilities and the spaces they like/need to operate at their best in doesn't bode well at all

Commentators bigging up Prickford's passing (long kicking), but he needs to stop kicking it long like he's playing for the bitters for me and start throwing it quickly to either full back and realise he's not fucking playing for the bitters, he's playing in a team with players who can pass the ball and a lot better than his long hoofs

Hope Southgate changes to a 433 at HT and gives most of these players the opportunity of mixing it up between trying to pass through and being more direct WITH players making runs in behind and being able to operate in the spaces they're used to operating in

Lol they're slagging Kane off, as I said, he drops off a lot, he's done it for the last 2 seasons, playing 4231 means Grealish and kane are getting in each others space and on top of each other, it's happening all over the pitch in this formation, Lindgard's making Trent's area congested and giving him no space to run into or operate in, Saka is getting in Trippier's space and there are no runs in behind opening the space up either, that first half was a disastrous formation and use of those players

Austria are poor - Trent must surely be capable of doing more?

Hendo - tell them to go to hell and bum this lot off

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Austria are poor - Trent must surely be capable of doing more?

Hendo - tell them to go to hell and bum this lot off
    All the players are all in each others space because of the 4231, not much any of them can do unless Southgate changes formation

Saka scores, England goal on the break, bit lucky all round

I do like young Saka, would like to see us test Arsenal’s resolve there with a serious bid. He’ll waste his career there.

So, moving forward, the tactics of England in the Euros look to be, play a 4231 with all the players not able to play as they od for their club sides and getting in each others space, hopefully fluke a goal, then take off Kane for Calvert-Lewin and Prickford to just continually pelt the ball long looking for him playing just like the bitters