Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Yep - as many have mentioned - Southgate is manager. It’s probably a waste of everyone’s time

In case anyone was wondering why Grealish is off - he has ice on his shins. Resting the leg on the back of the seats / just so we can all see

Trent hurt... FFS

Bloody hell: can barely walk.

Get TAA home now.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

FFS looks like Trent has tweaked something, not sure if it's his thigh or hamstring, bring him home now
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sad for the lad if he misses the euros but better for us. Southgate obviously doesn’t rate him.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Best of both worlds, he was selected so his confidence isn’t dented but now may well get the summer off anyway.

This is the look Hendo should give Gareth... Do this then tell Trent to jump in the car and drive back to Merseyside..

https://youtube.com/shorts/_SRUPJ0NTGs?feature=share
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd June 2021 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Sad for the lad if he misses the euros but better for us. Southgate obviously doesn’t rate him.
    I think Southgate rates him, he just doesn't have the coaching and managerial skills to use him most effectively or any of the other players for that matter, no point Trent being there with Southgate playing a 4231, the right player of the 3 was in the spaces Trent uses all game, Prickford didn't once throw it quickly to Trent to make the play, there we no runners in behind, Grealish was in Kane's space most of the game, the 2 in midfield weren't organised, they were all over the place, there was no effective press or counter press, Austria, a rank average side were constantly allowed to release a player either side of the midfield 2 and look to switch it to the opposite flank under no pressure whatsoever

Looks like a thigh strain from the way he pulled his lower leg up behind him, which is a thigh stretch, so need to get him home asap and with our medical team
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

This is exactly what the fuck I meant when I said I was happy he was left off the team, when we initially thought he was.

How about for once take a cue from some of the senior players in your own team like Virgil who's deemed his fitness coming back from injury and the long-term health of his literal playing career more important than going to compete for some tin pot cup competition with national team physios who've nowt a clue about how to deal with your body like your club physios do, and fucking opt out of playing?

Hey Trent!!!

That's God sending you a fucking hint!
    TAKE IT!!!

You too, Jordan.
    There's nothing there for either of youse anyway.

For fuck's sake!
    After the season we've had and after all the COVID infections and all, why would anyone in our team want to do this in their summer?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!