Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Big Div

Here here.. The lad has been treated like shite..!

we have 1.1% conversion rate since christmas

with origi I think this could be at least 3%

I thought he had a decent game last night. Its laughable that they use the word " Rested" now when someone doesn't start a game. In my day the word use was "Dropped".
    Last edited by skyebo; 22nd January 2021 at 03:16 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Origi was grand.

A couple of inches away from a perfect finish - giggity.

At least he was in the position to score. With luck he gets some chances over the next few months, scores a couple of important ones, attracts the interest of a buying club and we can use the money for a better fit for us while he finds a better fit for him.

The finish was so frustrating - but he got himself in the position to have an incredible chance, which hasn't been something we have seen much of in these last few games, besides maybe Mane being denied by the clock against United.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Origi want to prove himself. He hasn’t been given the opportunity.

I agree with Kev, he shouldn’t have come off for an out of form Firmino.

Origi has strength and speed and isn’t afraid to take a defender on or go for a shot. The majority of his shots yesterday made it through their defence. The rest were shooting at the Burnley players.

I’m a Wijnaldum basher as I’ll never like him. I’ll bash anyone who’s is playing atrocious in a game we need to win and not lose, but origi bashing based on how well he played yesterday is out of order in my opinion. It’s easy to have a go at him as he’s not an “untouchable”
    Origi's "problem" is that he is rarely given a run of games.

Should have presented Mane with an open goal to roll it into, he was entitled to shoot, but when certain other players are and could have given a team mate a tap in and don't score they get absolutely slated for it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yup. I never get the "he's entitled to shoot" argument. Football is about numbers. The chance of you scoring that one on one is probably lower than the chance you can pass it into the path of you onrushing teammate and he can tap it in from ten yards out.

Playing the numbers well => usually winning.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yup. I never get the "he's entitled to shoot" argument. Football is about numbers. The chance of you scoring that one on one is probably lower than the chance you can pass it into the path of you onrushing teammate and he can tap it in from ten yards out.

Playing the numbers well => usually winning.
    Your right in what your saying. But how many strikers would actually pass in that situation. Very few, if any.

Strikers are greedy and will always take the shot on.
    Look at mó, how many times have we said, he should passed instead of shooting?
    Our problem is with the run we are in, play the percentages, as u say. Make the pass mane he taps it in, we more than likely go onto win.

But as a striker I would expect any striker to take that chance on 9 out 10 times.

Any striker would take that shot on UNLESS they:

1. Had already scored a hat trick

OR

2. Were continually being picked.

Asking Origi - who barely gets a sniff & who gets dropped even when he saves us OR plays a blinder - to be in full flight - goal at his mercy and stop - think....I know Mané might be better placed... will square it.. Is fanciful.

It was a bad miss - but just a whisker away from being perfect...the miss of a player DESPERATE to score... Snatching at chances... Origi has an excuse on that front.

Watch the game again - Salah came on and added impetus BUT Origi was our biggest threat... poor form to bring him off for a woefully out of sorts Bobby.

Kopp rarely ever makes a
    Sub that early second half - he has favourites: he needs to be careful.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd January 2021 at 11:33 AM.

The problem for him is if he doesn't perform almost immediately hes replaced and then bombed out for a while.
    As if its a case of " well I gave you a chance,you've had it now" . Some of us, myself included have pissed in his attitude and workmate at times but it must be hard in that situation.
    That chance he had when he hit the bar, I was fuming but looking back if he gets that chance say 5 times hes scoring 4 of them. Give those same 5 chances to Firmino and hes scoring 1 possibly 2 at best.
    He did enough to earn another game but we know he won't get it and that's another issue we have. The golden boys never get dropped for long, Origi could score a hat trick and wouldnt start the next game.