Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Big Div

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why don't other teams have the same problem?

why did utd dominate?

man city have always been in the top 2 lately pretty much too.

we even had a long break due to covid ffs

can't remember last time we played "heavy metal football" either it's actually rather boring
    Teams that dominate continually add. Season on season. In fact the more they win the more they add IF they want to stay ahead.

United built up huge squads under Fergie - capable of sustaining a title challenge - FA cup runs AND remain competitive in the CL. Ditto Barca and Real.

But it wasn’t just United - or any of the elite in Europe... when we last dominated - we would add quality every summer - you have to do that - you stand still and it bites you... summer 2019... Fail

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    yeah, he's one of the few who at least looks to be trying.
    The term is labouring.

Fact is he has become a sacred cow. He has been miles off it for well over a year. But he is Bobby - we all love him ( well almost all ) he has that song and Klopp is in love with him.

As I have said - he only needs to have one great moment - or one good game - and 4/5 off our fan base and the manager will be creaming over him. Saying See Bobby is the main man etc.

He has built up reserves of support for all the great work - BUT play as he has for just 4 games for Paisley or Fergie... and you are dropped... and someone else gets his chance.

Divock backwards is Kcovid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The term is labouring.

Fact is he has become a sacred cow. He has been miles off it for well over a year. But he is Bobby - we all love him ( well almost all ) he has that song and Klopp is in love with him.

As I have said - he only needs to have one great moment - or one good game - and 4/5 off our fan base and the manager will be creaming over him. Saying See Bobby is the main man etc.

He has built up reserves of support for all the great work - BUT play as he has for just 4 games for Paisley or Fergie... and you are dropped... and someone else gets his chance.
    I think he meant Mane Steveo.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I think he meant Mane Steveo.
    Oops - another senior moment.

Good performance that, hopefully just cramp and nothing serious.

Actually thought he was better than Jota, which isn't me trying to berate Jota, merely trying to praise Divock.

The ideal thing to come next would be a goal (perhaps against Norwich in the Cup?) and if Taki Minamino could find his way into the side, have a good performance and get a goal as well then that would really lift the confidence a bit in the attacking depth - a long season.

Great that he could contribute something to what will hopefully be a long Champion's League run.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Good performance that, hopefully just cramp and nothing serious.

Actually thought he was better than Jota, which isn't me trying to berate Jota, merely trying to praise Divock.

The ideal thing to come next would be a goal (perhaps against Norwich in the Cup?) and if Taki Minamino could find his way into the side, have a good performance and get a goal as well then that would really lift the confidence a bit in the attacking depth - a long season.

Great that he could contribute something to what will hopefully be a long Champion's League run.
    Nice to see div through the middle. Had a few good moments throughout the game imo. Won a few tackles and headers too.

Thought Jotas game improved when div went off and jota was playing centrally with Mane. Not jotas best game by any stretch but he did work well off the ball imo.