Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Big Div

I would 100% have kept him.

Now is different he has hardly played/scored last two years we've outgrown him.

I guess he has 5 months to save his LFC career i'll never dislike him how can you ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The lad had just scored twice in the semi-final then put it to bed in the Final and wasn't consistently a member of the front three.

Would have been at his highest value and thus, with hindsight, we can say it was a good time to cash in and re-invest.

But at the time, with the well-deserved love-in for him and it being easy to picture him as a super-sub in future European campaigns, how many of us could have/would have?
    Why would you cash in? Surely deserve a spot in the starting 11 based on that?

Sorry, but Klopp didn’t give him, Shaq (when injury free) or Minamino a chance to “prove themselves” properly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Why would you cash in? Surely deserve a spot in the starting 11 based on that?
    Oh he definitely did.

I'd start Origi against Utd today...Im still saying the ball bobbled just as he kicked it and whose to say if he'd passed that Mane would hit the empty net, on his form i'm as concerned about Mane as i am Bobbies.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Am I missing something? Mane's not really all that out of form, is he?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I think he is playing perfectly fine overall, but the goal-scoring output (which forwards always get measured by) isn't there at the moment.

I dont think he's playing at the level he was before his goal drought. Doesnt have as much space due to every team sitting deep and just doesn't look as sharp to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    2 goals in 14 games one of them being against palace when we scored 7

what do you think?

that's the problem at the moment everyone is trying to beat bobby's goalscoring record

We have only won 6 games out of 16 since the Arsenal win - including that 7:2 hammering at Villa - which Sadio missed.

Things were not right before Virgil went down at Everton. Seems nobody is really on from to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We have only won 6 games out of 16 since the Arsenal win - including that 7:2 hammering at Villa - which Sadio missed.

Things were not right before Virgil went down at Everton. Seems nobody is really on from to be fair.
    I've never seen anything like this WHOLE team off-form?? not scored in 4 league games forgot how long ago since last time that happened but a very long time ago

Something stinks

the form we're in, is even worse than the Hodgson days, well maybe if it carry's on at least, I can't remember us being this bad for a long time it's like we've turned into shef utd ffs and getting beat by the likes of burnley!!!!! and draws to really really bad teams who everyone else is beating
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th January 2021 at 12:36 PM.