Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Squad has be badly mismanaged when you look at it really

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Tricky one that.

Maybe Klopp is "saving" him for when Europe kicks in and thus the rotation issue becomes even larger.

Which, on paper, makes sense. However, the likes of Ox/Matip/Shaqiri/Keita are so injury-prone you can easily see them getting injured in training - so might just be best playing them when they are available, getting what you can from them and accepting the injury when it comes.
    What do you think about the subs again???

I think they was too late/shite once more

what's his issue with that?? I can't remember last time subs made a difference?? or had time...

UTD just put fernandes on then boom, game over goal for him and if cavani scored when he really should of a assist and 4-2

playing that team with hardly any pace v utd aswell, questions have to be asked

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    My sentiments. Boys looked sharper and looked to take risk with first time passes or taking z touch less etc. That is what has been lacking. After we went 32 down the slowness returned but overall it was okay. We need to win on Thursday imo
    A win would be brilliant, any win.
    But a big performance to show that we can still play would be a good start.
    Mourinho is the worse manager for us to be coming against in this form.

Imagine what it would be like to regret selling Lovren?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    There must be issues with Minamino other than football. Shaqiri and Oxlade are back from injuries and Minamino goes further down the pecking order.
    He's too lightweight and gets passed easily - like Gini today. Doesn't provide enough guile up top - I can't see where he fits. The fact that a relative young and raw teenager - Williams - is being played reveals the owners are prepared to have this season as a zero trophy period. I realise £3m a home game is a lot to swallow but given our success, sponsorship deals, and relatively low transfer spend -surely they have a roof fund! The roof is fucking leaking! Fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    We managed to get Thiago and Jota with the money (and selling Brewster).. So all is fair in love and war..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Look, our full-backs, who are deployed primarily to assist in attack, didn't get assists today.

Firmino did. Twice.

Is he in his best vein of form? No. But two assists is a huge improvement than what we have seen in recent weeks and he showed glimmers of what he is about.

I'll take that. You don't have to.
    Id rather take 2 goals from him than 2 assists. From what he brings to the team he had a good second half on that sense. Linking play and that. I prefer a centre forward even if it is Peter Crouch much more effective. He also linked play but scored and was more a threat. I'd even take a Heskey type. There is no threat from Firmino itnis 10 v. 11 with him.

Tricky one that.

Maybe Klopp is "saving" him for when Europe kicks in and thus the rotation issue becomes even larger.

Which, on paper, makes sense. However, the likes of Ox/Matip/Shaqiri/Keita are so injury-prone you can easily see them getting injured in training - so might just be best playing them when they are available, getting what you can from them and accepting the injury when it comes.
    Saving him for what?
    What exactly does he do? What does he add?
    Nothing, thats what.
    Now is when we are finding out that our squad is nowhere near as good as we thought. We need people to perform and they're either too young or raw or plain and simply not upto it. Hes in the latter category for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    There was never a need to regret it - the whole point was to replace with better - replacing him with - erm - nothing has proved a monumental clusterfuckup..!

But fast forward to the injuries to VVD and Joe - and to do nada again in Jan...

Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's exactly the point I'm making. We should not be in a position where we need him to play and right now we do.
    Oh right 😊 I agree then