Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5454849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

@19 Or you could start taking football and stop talking nonsense?

I really don't think the manager is too bothered about the FA Cup.

I know its a strange thing to say. But we miss Keita in the middle. he may have not been spectacular but he did give us physically in the middle(apart from the aston villa game)
    Our midfield today was weak.. Wijnaldum seems off the pace. Thiago looks like a mistake waiting happen. Milner was the best of the 3.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @19 Or you could start taking football and stop talking nonsense?
    Probably best directed at yourself pal, your missing the most basic aspects of the difference in set ups or are you saying you think we should play 4231 and drop both Mane and Mo deeper off a main forward like Cavani as the filthy do when playing Cavani?

You do understand you can't have it both ways surely? You either have Mane and Mo playing highest, making their runs in behind and outside in runs with a deeper lying forward trying to play them in as well as the midfield and their runs opening up space for our full backs and LCM and RCM to move into, or you sacrifice all that and play a forward as the filthy did today in a 4231 and their average position is a lot deeper and their runs change and the space for our full backs and LCM and RCM isn't there anymore, because we don't have forwards making those runs in behind to open it up

Maybe give Championship manager a rest lad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hahaa.. I think my comments have awoken the beast

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I really don't think the manager is too bothered about the FA Cup.
    Nor am I that much - just hate losing to the scum

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know its a strange thing to say. But we miss Keita in the middle. he may have not been spectacular but he did give us physically in the middle(apart from the aston villa game)
    Our midfield today was weak.. Wijnaldum seems off the pace. Thiago looks like a mistake waiting happen. Milner was the best of the 3.
    I'd sell Keita in the summer, I like him as a player, his few really good games have all come with Hendo and Gini with him, like quite a few of our other midfielders, but he's just never ever fit and for me it all stems back to him deciding to go to AFCON and play when injured, for a side that had no hope of winning it anyway

Gini is nowhere near as good when Hendo isn't in the midfield with him and Hendo isn't as good we he hasn't got Gini in midfield with him either, those 2 together seem to have the best playing relationship of one another and what needs to be done playing off one another and can support most other midfielders we have playing a lot better, even Jones v Tottenham, although it didn't work at Fulham, but he's young and will be inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd sell Keita in the summer, I like him as a player, his few really good games have all come with Hendo and Gini with him, like quite a few of our other midfielders, but he's just never ever fit and for me it all stems back to him deciding to go to AFCON and play when injured, for a side that had no hope of winning it anyway

Gini is nowhere near as good when Hendo isn't in the midfield with him and Hendo isn't as good we he hasn't got Gini in midfield with him either, those 2 together seem to have the best playing relationship of one another and what needs to be done playing off one another and can support most other midfielders we have playing a lot better, even Jones v Tottenham, although it didn't work at Fulham, but he's young and will be inconsistent
    Those things being as they are doesn’t bode well for letting gini go does it. Jones is probably the replacement knowing us.

Its so easy is saying sell them. whos gonna buy them? we will expect back similar money for what we paid for Keita.
    No chance of that. Unless the owners give the manager a huge whack in transfer funds in the summer. I dont see us signing anyone of great value. thats the way it is.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

There were a lot of very good things on display today, the playing in the full backs in different positions through the channel or with balls through the channel to release them and connect an outside in run was really really fucking good a few times and that is an aspect of our game I felt we needed to work on, because we do play them higher instead of playing midfielders there, so we had to work on more ways to release them in more threatening areas moving forward and I thought we did that really very well today, ultimately we didn't score from it today, but if we keep working at it and developing it I think it will very definitely bring more goals and assists and help open up the park the bus sides further down the line, so I really enjoyed that