Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its so easy is saying sell them. whos gonna buy them? we will expect back similar money for what we paid for Keita.
    No chance of that. Unless the owners give the manager a huge whack in transfer funds in the summer. I dont see us signing anyone of great value. thats the way it is.
    We'll just have to take a huge loss on him. The longer he is here, the less we would get for him, because he isn't going to improve while he's here, both in form and injuries.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Those things being as they are doesn’t bode well for letting gini go does it. Jones is probably the replacement knowing us.
    Doesn't bode well at all letting Gini go anywhere, he and Henderson are our best midfielders and have been instrumental in our winning the biggest trophies and making the team function at it's best when played together in midfield, letting gini go is an absolutely shit idea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Unfortunately the covid pandemic come at the wrong time for us. We had huge sums of money saved up from going to two champions league finals,winning one.. winning the world club championship and then the league..All the funds we have acquired has gone to pay for the lack of people being able to get into the ground. Man-city and Chelsea owners will just wave a money wand and the problems will be gone. whilst the rest of world football will struggle.
    Last edited by justme; 24th January 2021 at 10:31 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There were a lot of very good things on display today, the playing in the full backs in different positions through the channel or with balls through the channel to release them and connect an outside in run was really really fucking good a few times and that is an aspect of our game I felt we needed to work on, because we do play them higher instead of playing midfielders there, so we had to work on more ways to release them in more threatening areas moving forward and I thought we did that really very well today, ultimately we didn't score from it today, but if we keep working at it and developing it I think it will very definitely bring more goals and assists and help open up the park the bus sides further down the line, so I really enjoyed that
    Second half performance deserved a victory. Firmino had aggression about him which hasn’t really been there. Jones should never be started as one of the forwards. Much better in midfield and a non entity up front IMO. Thiago was great on the ball but I worry about his ability to coved ground in that type of game we played today.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We'll just have to take a huge loss on him. The longer he is here, the less we would get for him, because he isn't going to improve while he's here, both in form and injuries.
    He will be here next season. I'd like a upgrade on him and Gini.. But likes been said looks like Curtis Jones will be one of the regulars more than likely.

Anyone else worried about contracts? I mean if we dont get the likes of Salah and Mane around the table and they hang out until next season. Could see their form get even worse.. And then leave for hardly anything..The owners need to show we mean business in the transfer market. If they cant back Klopp who else can they??

Anyone else worried about contracts? I mean if we dont get the likes of Salah and Mane around the table and they hang out until next season. Could see their form get even worse.. And then leave for hardly anything..The owners need to show we mean business in the transfer market. If they cant back Klopp who else can they??
    Yep. Its on them now, theyve reaped the rewards of frugal spending and a bit of luck in the market. All the money they plough into the stadium they get back so its investment long term for them. The investment short term is what will keep the stadium full.
    Its now time to put the money up to ensure we stick around at the top level.
    If they don't itll be a case of "it was good while it lasted........for a short time".

Unfortunately the covid pandemic come at the wrong time for us. We had huge sums of money saved up from going to two champions league finals,winning one.. winning the world club championship and then the league..All the funds we have acquired has gone to pay for the lack of people being able to get into the ground. Man-city and Chelsea owners will just wave a money wand and the problems will be gone. whilst the rest of world football will struggle.
    Not just about the money, it's just our fucking luck, had Covid not arrived we'd have more than likely finished the season playing as we were to win the league and without the Coid infections and the injuries and the crazy scheduling of this season we'd be well down the road to the planned evolution of the team with our summer signings and would have absolutely walked retaining the title

As it is, it has handed a massive advantage to a couple of teams with massive expensively assembled squads of senior players who can now rotate using the ones who have never quite been at the level and still have enough to beat the lesser sides with smaller squads as they aren't at their levels of last season where they turned them over a few times because of the fixture list

It's also given aspiring sides with slightly larger squads with a fair number of very good players if not exceptional ones, who aren't involved in Europe and haven't had injuries or Covid issues to perform better in points returns for the same reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'd bloody ban him from playing for Guinea. Being made to play last time during his rehabilitation was a joke.

@19 Or... You could ‘Try to see it my way’ our squad just ain’t close to big enough and with a couple of key injuries - has meant we are now behind a few others?

Just another point of view like..