Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd bloody ban him from playing for Guinea. Being made to play last time during his rehabilitation was a joke.
    Can't recall that Sid, tbh.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Loool memes of how bad Williams was already going around on social media ffs

"I thought rashford helped kids"?? not destroy them

"When you order VVD from wish"

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Can't recall that Sid, tbh.
    Post-Barca (Camp Nou) he acquired an injury, was clear he needed some time to recover to ease into a pre-season with us with a rest and "played through pain" for Guinea a couple of times, being used for the maximum number of minutes. We alerted the Guinean FA that he needed to be treated with caution, prior to these matches.

Not been able to be right since. Now, he wasn't having a stellar time with us anyway on the injury front, but the situation was definitely compounded.

Seen a few stills of Rashford goal he looks offside to me on the pass.

BUT as Rhys touched the ball the goal would stand like the Man City one the other day.

It seems VAR has calmed down on this and handballs now.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Seen a few stills of Rashford goal he looks offside to me on the pass.

BUT as Rhys touched the ball the goal would stand like the Man City one the other day.

It seems VAR has calmed down on this and handballs now.
    Well apart from the handball penalty given for Man-citys second
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I can't believe the number of posters who refuse to believe utd are good. Results suggest they are good at winning. Pogba may be shite too but he's a match winner from midfield We need a good look at ourselves. We haven't enough match winners just now from anywhere on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I can't believe the number of posters who refuse to believe utd are good. Results suggest they are good at winning. Pogba may be shite too but he's a match winner from midfield We need a good look at ourselves. We haven't enough match winners just now from anywhere on the pitch.
    I think a lot of it comes from them being ninth in terms of goal concession, combined with the disproportionate number of penalty decisions that seem to have gone in their favour.

You always feel they are a Fernandes injury away from a spot of bother. Saying that, they're largely getting draws against the "big" sides and largely getting wins against "the rest" and have sustained excellent form over a calendar year (a bit like Pochettino's Tottenham, only they were the "best" for a two-year spell) so they can't be underestimated at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    They're benefitting hugely from having such a big squad of senior plaers

In several normal seasons those players have shown themselves to be nowhere near good enough, they haven't improved this season it's just the large squad and ability to rotate 5 or 6 above average but by no means great players and not having suffered any injury of covid issues makes them good enough to scrape wins by the odd goal against lthe lesser with no squad depth who were regularly taking points off the same players the last few seasons as they are well below their levels because of the fixture list

Put that filthy squad out in a normal season and they'd be exactly were they were the last few seasons

They're where they are currently as they are winning games through attrition not through any improvement in the quality of their football

Var robbing us of 9 points while gifting them 2, despite all their diving it is only 2 is the only reason they're currently top

They're also the only team who've regularly had fit and been able to play their best 14-15 players in practically every game, whereas we have yet to be able to field our best 11 in any game this season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Probably best directed at yourself pal, your missing the most basic aspects of the difference in set ups or are you saying you think we should play 4231 and drop both Mane and Mo deeper off a main forward like Cavani as the filthy do when playing Cavani?

You do understand you can't have it both ways surely? You either have Mane and Mo playing highest, making their runs in behind and outside in runs with a deeper lying forward trying to play them in as well as the midfield and their runs opening up space for our full backs and LCM and RCM to move into, or you sacrifice all that and play a forward as the filthy did today in a 4231 and their average position is a lot deeper and their runs change and the space for our full backs and LCM and RCM isn't there anymore, because we don't have forwards making those runs in behind to open it up

Maybe give Championship manager a rest lad
    Klopp success at Dortmund was largely in a 4231 and we've played it here.

The idea the lads are only able to perform in a 433 is a real underestimating of their capacity.

This is the point I have tried to make.

The suggestion that the secret is to utilise the same group of players ( not possible in real world much ) and exclusively in the same setup would make us way too rigid - simple to fathom and ultimately we would get found out...

Perhaps to a degree this is what had happened at the start of 2020 - BUT to counter the argument for such an overly simplistic approach I reiterate how important is it for the opposite - how crucial it is that we become able to adapt the game to deal with the low block. ESPECIALLY as champions...

Without the dynamic width provided by Trent and Robbo - witnessed whenever one or both have an off game and compounded more recently due to Virgil’s injury - we are exposed through a lack of creativity in the middle!

So we can’t simply “use the same players that” blah blah blah because we have to get Thiago into that area now or we play sideways OR Hendo gets tasked with lumping in hopeful balls often conceding possession and stretching already very stretched limbs.