Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

I can take not winning the league back to back, not many do but we really cannot afford to drop out of the top 4, so must not lose against our top 4 rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I can take not winning the league back to back, not many do but we really cannot afford to drop out of the top 4, so must not lose against our top 4 rivals.
    There are more 'smaller' sides in the league than teams we see as our 'rivals'. The reason we are where we are is because we have been dropping points against teams we should be regularly beating. There's little point in beating our 'rivals' if we then draw/lose a load of games to relegation candidates.

we'll see a better performance against Spurs than we've seen since Palace. With Matip and Henderson back and Mo back in the goals things will be looking up again.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    we'll see a better performance against Spurs than we've seen since Palace. With Matip and Henderson back and Mo back in the goals things will be looking up again.
    I won't be putting any money on any of those things coming to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Agree Ian ,despite the usual slating of our players by the usual suspects we were actually pretty good today, yes ultimately the makshift nature of our CB pairing, midfiled and forward line cost us, but there were good things and improvements in some things, getting back to scoring and creating 3 nailed on chances only 2 of were taken, and the filthy actually created fuck all despite being at full strength bar their keeper, the makeshift nature of the areas I mentioned gifted them all 3 goals, they didn't actually create anything outside of our errors apart from the last chance for Cavani, who did fuck all other than that and ultimately missed an absolute sitter, but had a better game than Bobby did for us apparently, imagine those same usual suspects if Bobby had a chance like that and had missed
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why?

If anything i'm a bit more positive after that game tonight

if it wasn't for Williams we'd of won
    Alisson was beaten twice at his near post. Take those two out of the equation and Williams doesn't get a mention, we win it 2-1.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Alisson was beaten twice at his near post. Take those two out of the equation and Williams doesn't get a mention, we win it 2-1.
    if he could actually defend, Allison wouldn't of been beaten twice at his near post

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if he could actually defend, Allison wouldn't of been beaten twice at his near post
    If Thiago would have tackled his man instead of fresh air, Williams wouldn't have been involved at all.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

If if if...

If only Bobby and Hendo had played in our last 7 games we might of won them all and not just that one at Villa Park after Hendo was hauled off..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If if if...

If only Bobby and Hendo had played in our last 7 games we might of won them all and not just that one at Villa Park after Hendo was hauled off..
    Rested I think you'll find, pre arranged rested, he plays a half, Gini plays a half, as I recall, Hendo didn't play in our first game at Villa park this season, Virgil, Gomez, Robbo, Trent, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Jota, Bobby and Mo all did, but apparently, Captain fantastic has only won anything because he's desperately lucky to be playing with those lads, not the first time they've got done in his absence either, they couldn't even hold on for the remained of extra time v Atletico when we were leading when he left the pitch second leg
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”