Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

If Skyebo knew what a near post was his post might make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If Skyebo knew what a near post was his post might make more sense.
    I'm well aware of what a near post looks like smart arse.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Bit chippy. You could just admit your mistake and laugh it off. Don’t take yourself so seriously

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Bit chippy. You could just admit your mistake and laugh it off. Don’t take yourself so seriously
    He most certainly could not
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think we should go ultra defensive... Have a front 3 of. Origi/Salah and Mane.. And then play them deeper and play counter attacking. we are to open right now between the midfield and back line..Just drop off into our own half and press from there..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Rested I think you'll find, pre arranged rested, he plays a half, Gini plays a half, as I recall, Hendo didn't play in our first game at Villa park this season, Virgil, Gomez, Robbo, Trent, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Jota, Bobby and Mo all did, but apparently, Captain fantastic has only won anything because he's desperately lucky to be playing with those lads, not the first time they've got done in his absence either, they couldn't even hold on for the remained of extra time v Atletico when we were leading when he left the pitch second leg
    Moved to help you a little

Are you conveniently mixing up Villa games mate??

Talking about the game in the round before this. Our only win in the last 7.

He was hauled off for Thiago after being by far the worst player on the pitch.

Rated at a 4 even by those brown nosers over at TiA

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/0...layer-ratings/

Jordan Henderon – Rating: 4

“Henderson was one of many surprise starters, looking to improve upon on a few sloppy recent performances.

The skipper was poor in the first half, however, forcing things far too often and either losing possession or over-hitting crosses.

Replaced by Thiago after the break after looking like a player out of form.”

Now this isn’t to say we don’t miss him because we do - and anyone can have a bad game BUT he hasn’t been all that of late either 19 - and your continued blinked vision doesn’t make that any less so.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think we should go ultra defensive... Have a front 3 of. Origi/Salah and Mane.. And then play them deeper and play counter attacking. we are to open right now between the midfield and back line..Just drop off into our own half and press from there..
    Klopp doesn't do defensive. He will stick to what has served him well, and hope a change of luck is round the corner.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Klopp doesn't do defensive. He will stick to what has served him well, and hope a change of luck is round the corner.
    Even if we continue to be wide open? Anyway think we are likely to get more joy playing counter attacking. Teams will have to push further on..Saves us having to break down low blocks.

Anyway its not a matter of change of luck. We havent been unlucky of late. we have been desperate

I think we might be better going 2017-2018 gung ho style !

We arent being outplayed in many games we are weak without Matip.

We are moving the ball slower I dont know why..confidence ? Different style ? Games too close together with too many injuries ?

If someone said we will finish 4th id take that now and get ready for next season.