Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Football Club Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of selling Suarez, Atletico are 7 points clear at the top and have TWO games in hand, they're having one Hell of a season.

The twats
    Barca look to have made one almighty cock up there - keep Messi and lose Suarez... But Messi is a bit like Wenger was to Arsenal. You can understand it.

I'd look over it if Suarez was finished but he's still banging in the goals. Also he was Messi were big friends outside the football will family of similar ages. It was a crazy decision and really got Messi's back up.

Suarez no slouch so far this season... New Club - so what..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ga/top-scorers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Suarez no slouch so far this season... New Club - so what..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ga/top-scorers
    Quality is forever and all that

he was never super fast, so not surprised he's still smashing it

what a player..... and people say firmino is world class, even when suarez joined us 10 years ago..... x2 better that is real world class and the striker we deserve as champions of europe season before last, and last season winners of the league...

Sorry to interrupt, but why is this thread?

I thought we had learned our lesson in starting these sorts of threads gawking at other rival clubs' alleged demises, while our own stately manor is meanwhile falling apart over our own shoulders.

Are we gluttons for (schadenfreude) punishment?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It's why I started it, CD. Plan to do one every time a team has a slight wobble. Ironically Barcelona are probably most deserving of such a thread right now! Even if it might be a tad overboard.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Sorry to interrupt, but why is this thread?

I thought we had learned our lesson in starting these sorts of threads gawking at other rival clubs' alleged demises, while our own stately manor is meanwhile falling apart over our own shoulders.

Are we gluttons for (schadenfreude) punishment?
    The failings of other clubs and our capacity to poke fun / have discussion about them has zero impact on Klopp and the Mentality Monsters. Zero.

Life's short, enjoy it.

The El Mundo report -- which was released late on Saturday night -- said Messi's 30-page contract saw Barcelona agree to pay the forward €138,000,000 per season, including variables.

It included a signing-on bonus of €115,225,000 for accepting the renewal and a "loyalty" bonus of €77,929,955.

The newspaper claims that with five months still left to run on the deal, Messi has already earned €511,540,545.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The failings of other clubs and our capacity to poke fun / have discussion about them has zero impact on Klopp and the Mentality Monsters. Zero.

Life's short, enjoy it.

The El Mundo report -- which was released late on Saturday night -- said Messi's 30-page contract saw Barcelona agree to pay the forward €138,000,000 per season, including variables.

It included a signing-on bonus of €115,225,000 for accepting the renewal and a "loyalty" bonus of €77,929,955.

The newspaper claims that with five months still left to run on the deal, Messi has already earned €511,540,545.

Wow.
    There's an awful lot of numbers there !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's an awful lot of numbers there !!
    Crazy shit. Should have cashed in on him long ago.

Suarez is still the best forward we have had in the past 20 years in my view