Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Football Club Barcelona

This is getting ridiculous. Talk of other clubs chipping in to pay messi now. You can see why the esl was important now to Barca. It’s a shambles in Spain now

I heard they can't afford to pay his wages so are willing to offer him shares in the ownership of the club instead.

Oh yes - and I am deeply worried for them as a going concern - honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh yes - and I am deeply worried for them as a going concern - honest.
    It beggars belief that some of the bigger non super clubs in Spain would be contemplating helping Barca to keep messi. Does ffp actually apply at all. The shit coming out of there they really should be in administration already. Looks like messi is not only bigger than Barca but bigger than la liga too. Koemans comments earlier were fucked up too.
    He basically said that messi is the future of Barca and that everything should be done to keep him even docking other players.
    I wonder did he say that to emphasise how fucked up it is and he actually thinks the opposite. He’s 34 ffs.

You do realise administration for any club even half the size of us never mind Barca is an absolute fantasy.?

Pure paper talk - as with us it was spread by the banks to force a sale. Barca are absolutely fine and anyone daft enough to genuinely buy their dire straights story should be preserved in aspic and studied.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You do realise administration for any club even half the size of us never mind Barca is an absolute fantasy.?

Pure paper talk - as with us it was spread by the banks to force a sale. Barca are absolutely fine and anyone daft enough to genuinely buy their dire straights story should be preserved in aspic and studied.
    Nah. They’re in bother. They’ll get out of it yes. But they have really shit the bed.

As I said I shudder with worry for them.

They are possibly facing some ramifications for being the livery for the failed Catalonia independence push but they should just about manage to survive.

Just.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th July 2021 at 06:59 PM.

They should just let him go.... probably not good for financel stuff, but not just that the team spirit...

If ronaldo can leave real, i'm sure messi can leave barca.

Bring in the youth... get rid of the old players on silly wage.... do the sensibile thing, it's not rocket science, not like they've not got some amazing talented young players either, which they could sell once again if needed in a year or 2

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Talk of other clubs chipping in to pay messi now. You can see why the esl was important now to Barca. It’s a shambles in Spain now
    I don't have the numbers, but it would be interesting to see the financial impact of what a Messi-less La Liga would look like in terms of reduced income via a reduction in TV figures etc.

The "star power" is fading a lot over there and it's no wonder Real Madrid would be so desperate to get someone like Haaland or Mbappe to secure the future a bit, or it will quickly become what happened to Serie A.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    They should just let him go.... probably not good for financel stuff, but not just that the team spirit...

If ronaldo can leave real, i'm sure messi can leave barca.

Bring in the youth... get rid of the old players on silly wage.... do the sensibile thing, it's not rocket science, not like they've not got some amazing talented young players either, which they could sell once again if needed in a year or 2
    La liga themselves have involvement in this. He accounts for a massive portion of the whole league’s value in sponsorship so imagine how much of Barca he must be commanding. Hopefully they spend a few years in the doldrums now. Real too.