Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Football Club Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Apparently, they still owe us £35m for Coutinho, 3 years on.
    Do they owe us that money or do they just owe that money to a lender/debt ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coutinho-transfer-money-barcelona-19503754

Without having access to the details of our books and the details of the contract it's hard to know imo.

That link suggests it is largely paid off, that add-ons were linked to their making CL QF stages over the last 2 seasons, whereas I'd read elsewhere that those clauses related to about 10 million for Barca winning the CL over the last 2 seasons, about 5 million each year.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Do they owe us that money or do they just owe that money to a lender/debt ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coutinho-transfer-money-barcelona-19503754

Without having access to the details of our books and the details of the contract it's hard to know imo.

That link suggests it is largely paid off, that add-ons were linked to their making CL QF stages over the last 2 seasons, whereas I'd read elsewhere that those clauses related to about 10 million for Barca winning the CL over the last 2 seasons, about 5 million each year.
    Don't know CCTV, just saw the headline when i came on earlier.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Not but for real - the others are tongue in cheek, but this one might be an actual demise. How the heck do you pay off a billion in debts??
    Part of me thinks it's a PR disaster if you're the bank that rocks up to Barca with the storage container on the trailer and actually says "alright boys, taa-taa, we'll be taking that" but equally banks aren't going to NOT reclaim their money either.

Look forward to laughing at the inevitable entertainment when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Don't know CCTV, just saw the headline when i came on earlier.
    Considering how strongly they were in for him, I doubt we got mucked about much

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Considering how strongly they were in for him, I doubt we got mucked about much
    Yeah, probably.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I mean... his transfer also came with a clause they had to pay a 100m premium on any LFC players until... summer 2020?

That's pretty crazy.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

^^an old article but it is short and puts across the basics of giant brand recognition in football

This theme came up before in my many magnificent Mbappe threads - who is a real commercial cash cow and brand building target

This example is exactly the good example of why Liverpool don't pay million pound a month salaries.
    Nor spend money without future thought.

I'm sure many (especially on here too
    Would have liverpool debt ridden and living way beyond their means within 1 transfer window.

It works on chumpionship manager why not in reality ... lol.

Oh well
    Let's get Upamecano konate and another 5 cb just in case.

Sell origi £25m , Shaqiri £20m hahaha

And sign messi on £5m a month.

Good stuff 🤣😉

Million £ weekly salaries *
    Salah must be near £1m a month.