Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Football Club Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Suarez is still the best forward we have had in the past 20 years in my view
    Have we ever had a more naturally talented footballer?

I'm not saying "best" - just talking raw, natural ability.

He has got to be up there. Even some of his misses showed insane ability - that corner against Arsenal where the ball arrives behind him and he enters reverse, at speed and gets a volley off that clatters off the post is one of the most insane "nearly goals I have seen with us.

Craig Bellamy ( the nearly-goals thing, not the talent thing) also had a ridiculous free kick attempt against....want to say Plymouth, but have forgotten. Was miles out.

I’ve been going since ‘71 and Suarez for me, is only surpassed by Gerrard on ability.

Barnes is worthy of a shout.

Barnes is but Suarez and Gerrard had the drive to back up the sheer ability which drove them on to win countless games on their own

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Barnes is but Suarez and Gerrard had the drive to back up the sheer ability which drove them on to win countless games on their own
    Perhaps. But then again they had to do that. Barnes got to play in better sides than Suarez and Gerrard did, and thus he could concentrate on what he was good at, rather than trying to be everywhere/do everything on his own.

It’s difficult at that elite level to compare anyway Noods, particularly across different eras. Barnes, Dalglish, Gerrard, Suarez even Beardsley who I think often gets forgotten in discussions about our most talented players.

Beardsley was good at making the so called 'simple stuff' look effortless.

£120M a year
    £10m a month
    £2.5m a week.

Noods are you running Barcelona.

That's financial ruin .
    Could Barcelona go under?

€1bn in debt.

At least they will get messi off the books next season. Use the money on Gini and Memphis.

No wonder they got braithwaite.

Like buying a nicole fahri tshirt and then buying your 2nd tshirt from a charity shop.

I'm really pleased fsg are not living beyond their means.

I cant remember the lovely Alan sugar comments about being a chairman... but it was along the lines of business suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    £120M a year
    £10m a month
    £2.5m a week.

Noods are you running Barcelona.

That's financial ruin .
    Could Barcelona go under?

€1bn in debt.

At least they will get messi off the books next season. Use the money on Gini and Memphis.

No wonder they got braithwaite.

Like buying a nicole fahri tshirt and then buying your 2nd tshirt from a charity shop.

I'm really pleased fsg are not living beyond their means.

I cant remember the lovely Alan sugar comments about being a chairman... but it was along the lines of business suicide.
    Why do you insist on trying to make out I've suggested that we go on some kind of gargantuan spending spree and get ourselves into massive debt? I haven't, so please knock it on the head.

I've only dealt in facts and things which most other reasoned people can see i.e. that 'we' have spent peanuts, and that we should be spending an amount commensurate with our standing in world football, our recent success, and most importantly in line with our revenue, that is if 'we' want to have sustained success, especially as and when Klopp leaves.

Anyone remember the quick free kick when the ref wasn’t looking against Newcastle that was disallowed. Ball was moving so correct decision but I nearly fell off the couch at the ingenuity of it at the time. What a player.

https://youtu.be/Fjxv45OKgys

Poor quality video here.