Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Football Club Barcelona

In Spain? the title several times
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    And what do you think they’ll win in the next ten years?
    How on Earth could my answer carry much weight? Pure guess work based on what? This snapshot?

So much can change so quickly in football.

But citing their fan ownership as potential pitfall seems ridiculous after the most overwhelming period of success in their history.

Would you wager that we will win more than them?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

But citing their fan ownership as potential pitfall seems ridiculous after the most overwhelming period of success in their history.
    Not if it has lead to overspending to the tune of 1 billion Euros

Imagine what our squad would look like with a billion quids worth of debt. Fairly impressive I'd say. Better than theirs anyway.

Yes I think we could easily win more than them in the next ten years - it all depends on what we can win because they look to be falling off a cliff at this point.

I don not see how anyone can say with any accuracy at all that Barca’s debt is down to fan ownership.

Beyond that let’s hope this ages better than some others - if we win more over the next 10 years then them - I believe we will be doing very well.

I don not see how anyone can say with any accuracy at all that Barca’s debt is down to fan ownership.

Beyond that let’s hope this ages better than some others - if we win more over the next 10 years then them - I believe we will be doing very well.
    We should start by taking about 4 of their deadwood

Any club that pays Griezmann €881,423 per week can go in the bin.

And if we win half of what Bayern or Barca have ( with their daft fan ownership model ) in the last 10 years in the next 10 - we will be laughing.

Somehow I doubt those nicely balanced books will make that a reality.

Its not surely? They have had three years plus of ridiculous transfers that they have paid eye wauerting money for and failed miserably.
    I genuinely can't remember the last transfer they got right since they bought Coutinho.
    It's been one after another of poor signings with no resale value due to the crazy fees and wages they offered.

Who woud you genuinely have from their squad outside of the 3 mentioned there?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Who woud you genuinely have from their squad outside of the 3 mentioned there?
    Pedri and busquets anyway. If we were looking at releiving the debt they now
    appear to be suffering from there’s several players that would improve us. Griezman would improve is immeasurably imho. But still fuck em.

Still think they’ll dominate Spain in the immediate future.