Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 26-28/01/21

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Its a great result as I depise the fuckers.
    Would be just absolutely brilliant if Arsenal managed something against them at the weekend - with the congestion in the upper half of the table it takes so little for them to be dragged down a couple of places into a battle to remain in the Champion's League spots - goes for anyone really that is remotely close to the top of the Table.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The highs and lows of a mad old season.
    A win tomorrow night and we're back on track.
    It's 11.30pm, Fernandes has just been told to come back on the field for a penalty
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    It's 11.30pm, Fernandes has just been told to come back on the field for a penalty
    Haha.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Ho ho ho

One might also say Sheffield UTD have worked hard at what worked so well for them last season and reaped the rewards tonight

One might also say that the first time since early season Ole has rotated outside of his most trusted best 14-15 as we have had to all season he came unstuck
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Games this calendar year..

Our best form this calendar year came when Jota was playing and after Virgil got his injury.

I know it flies in the face of the narrative but they are the cold hard facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ho ho ho

One might also say Sheffield UTD have worked hard at what worked so well for them last season and reaped the rewards tonight

One might also say that the first time since early season Ole has rotated outside of his most trusted best 14-15 as we have had to all season he came unstuck
    Lol what have Sheffield United done differently ? Play the same setup but get 2 wins out of 3.

Who are these detrimental and irregular players you speak of that the mighty ole could not win with ?

@Steveo - what narrative? (I haven't been followint the thread tbh)

That a team is better without losing its most in-form player? Yes, it kills that one.

I don't think anyone with half a brain really thinks that VVD just coming back will solve all our problems. But equally noone with half a brain expects us to do worse with him either.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 28th January 2021 at 12:53 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Steveo - what narrative? (I haven't been followint the thread tbh)

That a team is better without losing its most in-form player? Yes, it kills that one.

I don't think anyone with half a brain really thinks that VVD just coming back will solve all our problems. But equally noone with half a brain expects us to do worse with him either.
    That the drop in form has been almost exclusively down to injuries. Results point to something else happening.

19 also seems to be suggesting that playing the same group of 14 players is the key to every teams success.. I am suggesting that IF you do that ( while almost impossible in the real world ) the chances of a crash and drop in form are extremely high.

Then I'm not sure I agree tbh. As you said - our best form was before Jota got injured. That was a huge contributing factor to the drop in results imo.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Yes but much of that period was without Virgil and Gomez and with Fab at the back - so a very different setup to that which had gone before.

EDIT:for clarity - The form started to slide last from last January not specifically this autumn.
    Last edited by Steveo; 28th January 2021 at 01:30 PM.