Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 26-28/01/21

Yes, agree on both. It's a combination of multiple factors. The injuries aren't helping. Could be that the other factors are already gone but the injuries are just so many that we can't see the improvement. Could be... but I doubt it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

We are suffering with a number of things.

1.bad form
    2.injuries
    3.poor officials
    4.short turn around season affects big clubs more due to playing in Europe/int players.
    5.no fans is 100% having an impact take is out of it for a minute does anyone really think this table looks the same with fans ?

I think when fans are back and players have had a proper pre season then we will be strong again, I am aware City will be too.

I know theres a long way to go and we can easily get back in the title race with a decent run of result.But right now personally i cant even be bothered to cheer when teams around us drop points.I just feel right now.The team isnt in a position to challenge. with how we have been playing.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Get top 4. Forget the title.

Anything else is a bonus.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Our best form this calendar year came when Jota was playing and after Virgil got his injury.

I know it flies in the face of the narrative but they are the cold hard facts.
    Won't speak on Virgil's injury, or our form, but I certainly think Jota being available is an enormous boost when it comes.

So far as I see it, just stay within a reasonable distance of those at the upper end of the table and see what happens.

We may not win the Title this year, but if we can be within a relatively small points gap of say, 2nd or 3rd by the time Jota comes back, we can certainly finish Top Four, perhaps comfortably if all goes well - and hopefully supplement it with a deep run in Europe.

If finishing (let's say) 3rd combined with a Champion League quarter or semi-final becomes the standard for a "bad" season for us, we're in a good place.

The hardest bit of the season to come as far as I can see it will be the shaking free of the current malaise, prior to the return of a couple more - Jota and Keita say. From there we should improve a bit and if "the rest" can't get a big gap over an injury-ravaged, VAR-burned Liverpool, they'll have real difficulty against us in times to come.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know theres a long way to go and we can easily get back in the title race with a decent run of result.But right now personally i cant even be bothered to cheer when teams around us drop points.I just feel right now.The team isnt in a position to challenge. with how we have been playing.
    I know what you mean. I was at work lasnite and one of my workmates was buzzing Utd got beat and he said " you don't even seem that happy".
    I just said I'm more preoccupied with how poor we are playing.
    Don't fancy us to win tonight but I wouldn't "take a point" either as we simply need to win that much.

3 Echo reporters gone for more or less the same team
    Alisson Alexander-Arnold Matip Fabinho Robertson Henderson Thiago Salah Firmino Mane. They've each chose someone different on the left side of midfield. Wijnaldum Jones Shaqiri. We'll know soon enough.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'd go for Shaq and a 4231, Salah top, Shaq right and the the rest as you'd expect

Some saying Fabinho might be out.

Hope its bollox.

Quite amazed we're favs according to the bookies