View Poll Results: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Can you repeat the question

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Let's hope so... but I'm not holding my breath. Not entirely sure why - just don't feel good about him.

If anything, I'm more hopeful for Davies.
    You what - not sure..?

In the words of Sid’s Richard the turd - “You’re avin a Turkish..!”

Thank God Matip didn't wait till next Week to get injured......

Pretty happy with our acquisitions, Davies looks to exxhibit all the vqualities you'd want in a CB in our set up, getting him Premier league fit, on the same mental level as our other lads and to quickly acclimatise to the speed of the Prem is the challenge, really hopeful he can be another Robbo success story

Haven't seen anything of the other lad, we've been tracking him for 2 or 3 years though and retained our interest, so surely that's a good indicator, the slight concern is his nationality, throughout my life watching football they've always seen to have perhaps a little too much of that continental fiery temperament to them, he did leave their leagues very young though
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Some pundits who have been watching Davies are comparing him in style to Daniel Agger, with all the pros and cons that implies. i think they mean he is comfortable on the ball and he can bring it out of defence.
    Let's hope they don't mean he gets easily bullied by Didier Drogba.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Some pundits who have been watching Davies are comparing him in style to Daniel Agger, with all the pros and cons that implies. i think they mean he is comfortable on the ball and he can bring it out of defence.
    Let's hope they don't mean he gets easily bullied by Didier Drogba.
    Or that he's made of glass, we have enough of those already.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

"Liverpool are a high-pressing side, their centre-backs, or at least van Dijk, do not attempt to press their opponents regularly, which is a noticeable difference between van Dijk and Kabak. Also, the Dutch international is generally less active defensively, which makes sense for a dominant Liverpool side. In a Liverpool side, one can imagine that Kabak’s defensive actions would drop and his passing stats to rise dramatically. Liverpool tend to mix their possession play with a fair few long balls, and Kabak has good aim when hitting upfield, which would allow him to make an immediate impression at the Kop.

At just 20 years old, Kabak is one of the highest-rated young defenders in Europe and would represent a worthy gamble, where he would hope to become a regular partner alongside van Dijk. Upon arrival, he would need to be coached into being less active on the defensive side, improve his levels of concentration, and be more measured on the ball, but he has the physical and technical profile to do so. Nonetheless, Kabak has stepped up to the plate at every opportunity he has been given thus far, and he profiles well as a defender who would flourish in leagues that favour high-tempo playing styles. Kabak, on paper, would prosper in the combative environment of the Premier League, and it is tricky to identify a critical flaw that could hinder him from becoming one of Europe’s best defenders"