View Poll Results: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Can you repeat the question

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Mustafi for £20m is close to being done apparently.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I wanted him after seeing him play for Germany a few years back, but was never impressed by him at Arsenal.

Edit: scrub that, I think it’s a wind up.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Grief. Will he be any better than Phillips?

LOL I told you, we don't need a CB

not mustafi hahaha

reminds me of the carry on film quote.. mustafa leak
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Thank fuck for that SB.
    Had a scout round couldn’t find it or any semi credible link.

Don’t fancy Upamecano either from Leipzig.

Just to add to Mandi and Diop, I think Ferro (Benfica) is available on loan as Galatasaray have been trying to pick him up and Nikola Maksimovic (Napoli) is out of contract this summer as well and thus should be available.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha.
    We have to. The whole situation will have surely been based around Matip being available for parts of the season, if its ankle ligaments like the alleged reports then thats him done. He can't make 2 games in a row from a broken finger nail so ankle ligaments is game over for him, possibly even for his LFC career.

Hes out of the equation so has to be replaced.
    FSG are negligent if not.
    Yeah although i think Matip is class and comfortably the 2nd best CB in the league after Virgil he has to go in the summer as he's just too injury prone, same as Keita who i have no sympathy for whatsoever as his persistent injuries stem from him playing injured at AFCON for no hopers Guinea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It will be a freebie like Subotic to fill the gap until summer

If that or anything similar is expected to 'fill the gap', it would/will be akin to trying to treat an amputation with a sticking plaster.

Then on top of that when the summer window does open, we'll probably do what we've done in recent seasons i.e. sell/get rid of a few players (raising a fair wedge/getting wages off the books), but not using all of that money plus a fair bit extra to fix obvious deficiencies and beef up our squad.

I've always known you're a man of culture, CC. Those poll options are appreciated.

Regarding CBs - I've seen a few reports from sources like The Athletic that the club's scouting department and sports and technical staff all agree we need CBs. I mean... who woulnd't? Apparently targets have been identified but our corporate overlords haven't greenlit any transfer yet. Maybe the fees are extortionate, maybe something else is wrong but it's reportedly clear the club knows we need a CB and is looking for one. Just FSG don't necessarily agree about the cost.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non