View Poll Results: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Can you repeat the question

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Mustafi for £20m is close to being done apparently.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I wanted him after seeing him play for Germany a few years back, but was never impressed by him at Arsenal.

Edit: scrub that, I think it’s a wind up.
    This is exactly the kind of signing we DONT need. I would rather rely on Phillips and Williams.

I dont think a stop gap is the way to go. We need to sign whoever we had lined up in the summer now.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    This is exactly the kind of signing we DONT need. I would rather rely on Phillips and Williams.

I dont think a stop gap is the way to go. We need to sign whoever we had lined up in the summer now.
    If Mustafi is available for 6 months id take him we need an extra body in the squad.

The problem is our main target is reported to be Konate no chance we get him now.

Diop would be my choice to get now he is young 23-24 and has PL experience.

I just hope Matip injury is a month or so and we get 2-3 games out of him thats being optimistic.

Our season is done in terms of silverware its about finishing 4th now.

Originally I thought no...I thought this would be a great time to build up the youngsters coming thru....However the injuries just keep mounting up and playing the younguns in highly pressurized situations is now doing them more damage than good...

We are now down to two fit CBs Williams and Phillips.

Forget Hendo/Fabinho as bit parts they arent CBs its like asking Shane Warne to bowl like Michael Holding.

We need someone in the next few days if not we wont get top 4.

If Hendo gets injured we will have a CB pairing of the above two although I think Robbo would play CB with Tsimikas going LB no way he plays both unless he has to.

They will do something, buissness model aside, it's financial suicide not too. Think botman will get done,id sell matip in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Forget Hendo/Fabinho as bit parts they arent CBs its like asking Shane Warne to bowl like Michael Holding.

If Hendo gets injured we will have a CB pairing of the above two although I think Robbo would play CB with Tsimikas going LB no way he plays both unless he has to.
    When we signed the Greek lad, I'm sure I read that he could play at centre back.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Ahh ... wondered why he was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Except Tsimikas is always injured too

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Thank fuck for that SB.
    Had a scout round couldn’t find it or any semi credible link.

Don’t fancy Upamecano either from Leipzig.
    Seems to polarise opinion this lad. Very highly rated by some and described as clumsy and error prone by others. Can't say that I've ever seen him play myself

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Seems to polarise opinion this lad. Very highly rated by some and described as clumsy and error prone by others. Can't say that I've ever seen him play myself
    He could end up bang average when stepping up a level. Personally think that Varane is like that. I don't see whats so good about him.