View Poll Results: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Can you repeat the question

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Seems to polarise opinion this lad. Very highly rated by some and described as clumsy and error prone by others. Can't say that I've ever seen him play myself
    I am in agreement with Miller I just dont rate him what ive seen.

Granted im not a scout though !

Where’s that monster young lad we had the in pre season that looked like an absolute brick shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    When we signed the Greek lad, I'm sure I read that he could play at centre back.
    He may have played the odd game at CB I dont know.

I just remember Klopp saying Robbo could play CB if need be.

Lets hope we dont get chance to see that !

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Where’s that monster young lad we had the in pre season that looked like an absolute brick shithouse.
    Koumetio?

Might be a bit early yet.

There was a mystique built up around him that seemed to become more hyped up the less we saw of him. then he actually played a game, can't remember who it was against, and we were all a bit 'oops maybe he isn't that great after all'.
    Having said that he is young and looks like he could still develop into a useful centre back, he is very dominant in the air and pretty quick. Not great at distribution as i recall

If we get can one outstanding defender out of our youngsters, it will be worth it. Its getting games and proving themselves. So if we do sign a front line defender. They will have to go on loan next season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Koumetio?

Might be a bit early yet.
    I can’t remember how old he was at the time was it 16 last summer. I do remember thinking he looked capable though. It seems to be taking longer and longer for young players to get debuts and break through in England these days towards the 90s and early 2000s.

I wouldn't count on him bringing one in. We've juggled players about to get through games, and come the summer Gomez and Van Dijk will be fit again, so the need to buy won't be so great. Now was the time to bring one in, and it looks like that aint happening and he will carry on fitting square pegs in round holes until the summer. If his team selections are a message to the owners, they clearly aren't working.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I wouldn't count on him bringing one in. We've juggled players about to get through games
    I can foresee more juggling yet this season, much as it won't please us.

Henderson has played there and been alright, Fabinho has played there and looked like one of the best in the League.

Robertson has played there for Scotland. Tsimikas has covered there although not with us. Wijnaldum has played there for us, but only once, in a back three - though is tactically astute enough that you could see him being trusted if we were desperate.

Then there's the eyebrow-raising prospect of Firmino going there, as he is tactically astute, decent enough in the air and actually started his career there.

The deck will be shuffled a couple of times this season. Just hoping there is a minor miracle and that Matip's ligament injury isn't too bad.

The main worry for me would be having Williams and Phillips beside each other for a run of games.

Whatever happens, I think the onus now is really going to be on the front three, the midfield three and the full-backs to find their best in terms of keeping the ball, decision-making, chance creation and chance conversion.

It will be tough, but I'd trust this bunch of players and our Manager more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I can foresee more juggling yet this season, much as it won't please us.

Henderson has played there and been alright, Fabinho has played there and looked like one of the best in the League.

Robertson has played there for Scotland. Tsimikas has covered there although not with us. Wijnaldum has played there for us, but only once, in a back three - though is tactically astute enough that you could see him being trusted if we were desperate.

Then there's the eyebrow-raising prospect of Firmino going there, as he is tactically astute, decent enough in the air and actually started his career there.

The deck will be shuffled a couple of times this season. Just hoping there is a minor miracle and that Matip's ligament injury isn't too bad.

The main worry for me would be having Williams and Phillips beside each other for a run of games.

Whatever happens, I think the onus now is really going to be on the front three, the midfield three and the full-backs to find their best in terms of keeping the ball, decision-making, chance creation and chance conversion.

It will be tough, but I'd trust this bunch of players and our Manager more than most.
    I think id rather Williams/Phillips than Gini or Firmino if honest.

Doing that destroys careers and quite frankly its mental beyond belief.

Not signing anyone is just giving up and gambling on top 4.

If we dont get top 4 we get excuses of no CL money and player X wanted CL football this is not a balancing act as some say it has an impact on our club.

I have defended FSG but this is critical now,I see people saying good in high line pace and good on ball needed that is VAN DJIK there isnt many of them so lower your demands !