View Poll Results: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Can you repeat the question

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Should FSG buy Klopp a Centre Back ?

@LEGS

Probably best to start defending the manager and players over the owners. They need help - they ain’t getting any. It’s a poor joke - from a bunch of bean counters:

Sid would defend them if they sold their mothers to pay for their own cataract treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @LEGS

Probably best to start defending the manager and players over the owners. They need help - they ain’t getting any. It’s a poor joke - from a bunch of bean counters:

Sid would defend them if they sold their mothers to pay for their own cataract treatment.
    Haha, now thats just mean Steveo lad.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha, now thats just mean Steveo lad.
    I know - just a joke really. Honest

Well to be fair you and Noods would moan if they bought Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Haaland and expanded Anfield to 100k seats, so I guess it evens out.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Erm - not really.

On second thoughts - I would want a target man too - to change things a bit - mix things up a little

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think id rather Williams/Phillips than Gini or Firmino if honest.

Doing that destroys careers and quite frankly its mental beyond belief.

Not signing anyone is just giving up and gambling on top 4.

If we dont get top 4 we get excuses of no CL money and player X wanted CL football this is not a balancing act as some say it has an impact on our club.

I have defended FSG but this is critical now,I see people saying good in high line pace and good on ball needed that is VAN DJIK there isnt many of them so lower your demands !
    I'd rather use Phillips and Williams too - though would be a touch hesitant about using them simultaneously.

Agree wholeheartedly that it does gamble Top Four. It's a concern for us on the outside looking in. All gambles are calculated to some degree and if they do "roll the Dice" on this they really need it to pay off or the proverbial doors won't be getting politely knocked, they'll be being beaten upon.

I do think that if we are bringing someone in they need to be a good "fit" otherwise you might as well just stick to what we have. They don't need to be Van Dijk, but if we bring someone inthat isn't the first or second choice but still finish 5th or 6th we will regret it later on.

This calendar year will be pretty fascinating to watch. I defend FSG a lot as they tick many of the boxes I would want in owners and hopefully the year pans out in such a way that we don't feel let down. They aren't perfect, but I'd much rather them than a Sheikh.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Well to be fair you and Noods would moan if they bought Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Haaland and expanded Anfield to 100k seats, so I guess it evens out.
    That reminds me of the Roy Hodgson summer transfer window 😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd rather use Phillips and Williams too - though would be a touch hesitant about using them simultaneously.

Agree wholeheartedly that it does gamble Top Four. It's a concern for us on the outside looking in. All gambles are calculated to some degree and if they do "roll the Dice" on this they really need it to pay off or the proverbial doors won't be getting politely knocked, they'll be being beaten upon.

I do think that if we are bringing someone in they need to be a good "fit" otherwise you might as well just stick to what we have. They don't need to be Van Dijk, but if we bring someone inthat isn't the first or second choice but still finish 5th or 6th we will regret it later on.

This calendar year will be pretty fascinating to watch. I defend FSG a lot as they tick many of the boxes I would want in owners and hopefully the year pans out in such a way that we don't feel let down. They aren't perfect, but I'd much rather them than a Sheikh.
    We wont get a VVD as there is nobody like him what im saying is people are wanting all the things he is good at.

Diop as an example might not be a world beater but dont forget we can still win the CL that might sound mad but whilst we are in it i'll believe we can win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Erm - not really.

On second thoughts - I would want a target man too - to change things a bit - mix things up a little
    Bring back Carroll! Just saw his goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup final. Clearly there was talent in there...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We wont get a VVD as there is nobody like him what im saying is people are wanting all the things he is good at.

Diop as an example might not be a world beater but dont forget we can still win the CL that might sound mad but whilst we are in it i'll believe we can win it.
    I think we can get someone in the Van Dijk "mould" though. They don't need to be brilliant, or expensive - just someone who has reasonable passing ability, will compete and has enough recovery pace to not make every counter-attack the stuff of nightmares.

I do think that's a skill-set that's available, rather than buying, say, Mustafi.