Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 30/01/21

Totally agree

The arm being offside is a nonsense too, should just go from feet, you shouldn’t be offside from leaning or pointing

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The arm being offside is a nonsense too, should just go from feet, you shouldn’t be offside from leaning or pointing
    Agreed as you know someone is going to score with ball hitting above elbow and it will get ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes Sid - but like I mentioned pre Burnley - a win is far from guaranteed. Counting up points before you have them is a recipe for disaster..
    Hence "if" As in "if" we can conjure up a result tomorrow.

Let's hope we can, as it would be great for us.

Heart says late push League win, head says I'd take 2nd-4th and a quarter-final or further in the Champion's League.

See how it all pans out. Think once we play that first Leipzig match the season is going to absolutely fly in so hopefully there are some fun moments along the way as the first half of the season largely felt like like wading through water rather than sprinting. I just hope Jota returns in good nick and 2/3 of the front three can be in reasonable form simultaneously as I'd back us to outscore opposition more often than not in those circumstances.

predicted a draw but I think we'll win, luckily we have enough upfront for teams to be scared to attack us much, or very nervous too, so the CB's dont get got at as much as other teams.

any brave team that actually goes for it, we'd see a very high scoring game i'd imagine

Bit like the old barca in a way, but they just dominated the ball, there's a reason wee mascherano ended up playing CB for them

"Manchester United look frightened of title battle, says Roy Keane after goalless draw at Arsenal"

Why do people think they're even in a title battle?? just because they got some wins together and pogba was class for 2 games???

apart from that they've been dire to watch and aren't very good.. shows you how shite everyone else has been

they're not winning the title this season, I bet my life on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    they're not winning the title this season, I bet my life on it.
    LFC Online Cluedo.

"It was Nineteenx, in the Boot Room, using the Carra....I mean, the knife".

Utd are where they are with an injury free squad, playing at their absolute peak. We are at our lowest ebb with an injury devastated squad and there’s nothing in it. We are streets ahead of them and hopefully that’s where we’ll finish.

Injuries or not, I would consider anything worse than second (and only if behind City) as a failure

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    "Manchester United look frightened of title battle, says Roy Keane after goalless draw at Arsenal"

Why do people think they're even in a title battle?? just because they got some wins together and pogba was class for 2 games???

apart from that they've been dire to watch and aren't very good.. shows you how shite everyone else has been

they're not winning the title this season, I 8bet my life on it.
    They never were despite some guys shitting their pants about it. Theyre miles away, only reason they are in and around is because of this shit season.
    They are bang average shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Utd are where they are with an injury free squad, playing at their absolute peak. We are at our lowest ebb with an injury devastated squad and there’s nothing in it
    Particularly true if (if!) we manage a win tomorrow.

As nerve-wracking as it would be for us for a brief spell, I'm hoping Leicester and maybe Everton or Tottenham can get a result or two soon, whilst United are looking nervously behind them. They can definitely be "dragged down" as it were into a scrap for Top Four very quickly - and possibly even miss out on the Champion's League - if only a couple of little points-swings fall the right way while they try to juggle the Europa League.

Knowing their luck though they're perfectly capable of getting 3rd and Europa. The margins always seem so fine with their lot - 66 points two seasons in a row got them totally different League positions.