Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International matches and Covid/travel

International matches and Covid/travel

Apparently sports-people will not be exempt from a need to quarantine for 10 days to do with international travel, with South American countries on a "red list" to do with Covid.

This could mean us playing some of our matches without star Brazilian players.

Also, Germany rulings mean we may end up playing the Anfield match against Leipzig FIRST rather than second, with the second leg at Home traditionally being viewed as something of an advantage.

The frustration of this season continues!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

That is 2 months away yet.

I cant see that happening for example what if we get to CL QF and draw Barca/PSG which falls within 10 days, that means Messi or Neymar cant play in the UK either.

You think that will happen ????

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You think that will happen ????
    I really don't know.

It's not up to Governments to permit players to be exceptions to the rule. Perhaps certain players won't travel?

It's a weird year and a weird situation so nothing would surprise me either way.

It’s a complete mess of a season and I would be quite happy if the just stopped it right now and voided the whole sorry debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Apparently sports-people will not be exempt from a need to quarantine for 10 days to do with international travel, with South American countries on a "red list" to do with Covid.

This could mean us playing some of our matches without star Brazilian players.

Also, Germany rulings mean we may end up playing the Anfield match against Leipzig FIRST rather than second, with the second leg at Home traditionally being viewed as something of an advantage.

The frustration of this season continues!
    It applies to people travelling from South America, not people who are South American
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They should have just stopped international football, until the pandemic was over. Just put every competition 2 years later..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s a complete mess of a season and I would be quite happy if the just stopped it right now and voided the whole sorry debacle.
    wasn't saying that last year when we was top

if anything last season was worse..

great to play v atletico!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It applies to people travelling from South America, not people who are South American
    Yes I see what you're saying but a Brazilian international who plays a game in South America and thus has to travel back and possibly quarantine - could that be an issue?

Brazil play Argentina end of March.

All main players will be under pressure to play.

Its only a UK rule so far I believe.

Think it'll be fine in a few months sid... what will be will be....

schools will probably be open before these games, so I don't see why this would still be in place, just get a test, negative? . come on in