Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why does it matter? If Kabak and/or Davies are good enough, I couldn't care less if they're proven or not.
    of course it fucking matters, much more chance of going right into the team when it's needed (now) and you know they'll be good enough and not cost points

maybe it will happen- but seems everyone expects us to carry on playing midfielders at CB

Sorry I keep forgetting we're not defending champions or anything

You'd trust Kabak and davies in a champions league final then?? or quaters for that matter? oh no we'd have midfielders there again that are really needed in midfield for us to progress....

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe we didn't need a CB after all!?!?! Lolz

This is why people wanted someone with actual proven quality because they could fit right in which is what we need (doesn't mean it would cost the earth either), but oh well bargain bucket will do.

FSG should go on bargain hunt they'd smash it much profits

if we can't trust davies to come in, it's a waste of time in the first place, purely so we can sell him on in 1-2 years for 10m
    I'm sure he will get his chances, especially at the moment with Gomez and VVD out long term.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I trust Kabak on the basis he has been tracked by us for sometime and I think he will start against City.

The plus points to them is they have both played around 20 games this season so wont lack match fitness.

Davies will get games im sure but no chance will Klopp throw both in at same time.

When are they goign to play then?

Is are midfield going to continue to suffer due to playing midfielders at CB??

Will they play when they've "settled in" when VVD and gomez are back? and we have 5-6 cbs?
    I suspect they'll play after City. Rhythm and chemistry are important at centre-back and the game against City probably gives us our only opportunity to draw City back "down" into a realistic title fight. The 7-point gap they have over us, given their recent habit of winning games, is too much. A 4-point gap makes it possible. You don't want to throw someone in against that who simply hasn't had any time to gel with a partner.

Once the City game is done I imagine the likes of Kabak get their opportunity and are told "you're a mainstay as one of the centre-backs until the end of the season, go win your right to a long-term contract with us" and we go from there.

When Van Dijk and Gomez come back I think we will have two more (centre-backs) in the squad where that's their main role (ie not a conversion like Fabinho) and there will be a 5th player, that is either a youth centre-back, or someone like Fabinho filling in (which I think we could accept as FIFTH choice, given the relatively low chance of four centre-backs being injured).

Give them a chance Kev, they’re going to need to train with the team for a few sessions. Neither has even played in the Prem before let alone played for us. The way we play with a high back line, it only takes one to drop off when the others push up and the opposition are clean through.
    It’s not about ability it’s about getting used to the system. Robbo was given plenty of time to get up to speed and he knew the Prem. I don’t imagine it will be too long after City before we see them start to be introduced but straight away would be mad.

of course it fucking matters, much more chance of going right into the team when it's needed (now) and you know they'll be good enough and not cost points

maybe it will happen- but seems everyone expects us to carry on playing midfielders at CB

Sorry I keep forgetting we're not defending champions or anything

You'd trust Kabak and davies in a champions league final then?? or quaters for that matter? oh no we'd have midfielders there again that are really needed in midfield for us to progress....
    No, I really wouldn't. But I wouldn't have trusted Robbo or Gini either and they turned out okay. All I'm saying is that none of us get paid to analyse football for a living. There's a chance the lads at the club who do have found another decent player for a tiny fee. Give them a chance ffs.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Give them a chance Kev, they’re going to need to train with the team for a few sessions. Neither has even played in the Prem before let alone played for us. The way we play with a high back line, it only takes one to drop off when the others push up and the opposition are clean through.
    It’s not about ability it’s about getting used to the system. Robbo was given plenty of time to get up to speed and he knew the Prem. I don’t imagine it will be too long after City before we see them start to be introduced but straight away would be mad.
    Great post
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I trust Kabak on the basis he has been tracked by us for sometime and I think he will start against City.

The plus points to them is they have both played around 20 games this season so wont lack match fitness.

Davies will get games im sure but no chance will Klopp throw both in at same time.
    Think Kabak would need to start v Brighton to get a start v city.
    Wouldn't be shocked to see him get a start v Brighton.

The counter view, he wont start, seem to be based on previous luxuries whereas now we have to crack on sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think Kabak would need to start v Brighton to get a start v city.
    Wouldn't be shocked to see him get a start v Brighton.

The counter view, he wont start, seem to be based on previous luxuries whereas now we have to crack on sharpish.
    I think hes only just arrived in Liverpool late this morning. Maybe he'll have a training session later today. So for him to start tomorrow night is pushing it. Maybe on the bench and when we go 3-0 up at half time then he could come on.

Also I thought Fabinho was always a centrehalf back up for us. He's played there before iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We have just bought 2 players who are natural defenders, i would find it pointless if Fabinho goes back in defence when he returns. Midfield is where most people want him.
    personally I think it would be a huge gamble especially against City, but Jurgen is known to make surprises so you never know. A midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago would be nice to see against City, with Fabinho just sitting in front of the Centrebacks.