Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I think hes only just arrived in Liverpool late this morning. Maybe he'll have a training session later today. So for him to start tomorrow night is pushing it. Maybe on the bench and when we go 3-0 up at half time then he could come on.

Also I thought Fabinho was always a centrehalf back up for us. He's played there before iirc.
    Sadly I think fabinho will fill in at CB before the new arrivals, much to 19x's delights.

Hopefully one get's a chance and hits the ground running so Klopp trusts em and fabinho can be in midfield.. still expect in big games say champions league fab will play there tho..
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd February 2021 at 05:29 PM.

personally I think it would be a huge gamble especially against City, but Jurgen is known to make surprises so you never know. A midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago would be nice to see against City, with Fabinho just sitting in front of the Centrebacks.
    That midfield would be great but can’t see it with so little time between now and the City game.

Hell of maelstrom that to throw either new lad into - a potential championship decider in your first game.

But - Klopp is a borderline loon - so who knows

Don't want either to play v City btw, but if it was someone like Ramos- just for a example!! or someone more known but less money people would probably say they'd go straight into the team..... which is my point, I just hope it doesn't take 6+ games... I mean we need them for now, I doubt VVD and gomez will both pickup repeat injury's next season, I expect one to take gomez's place a bit though.. he's a bit better version of matip on the injury front...

Davies is for numbers to resell in a couple of years much like Miniminao (depending on how many brits we have) decent 4th choice eitherway but so is phillips tbh

kabak is generally a future starter/prospect along side VVD

We're still in the champions league and in for a shot at the title still.... are these 2 the solution for the short-term? I'm not so sure, but heyho more body's n all that can't complain.

P.S I know normally time is given under Klopp for players, but... normally we don't have 3 cb's out all season and bring 2 in, In january.. other teams start players that have just come in, and they do ok normally..
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd February 2021 at 05:45 PM.

I think hes only just arrived in Liverpool late this morning. Maybe he'll have a training session later today. So for him to start tomorrow night is pushing it. Maybe on the bench and when we go 3-0 up at half time then he could come on.

Also I thought Fabinho was always a centrehalf back up for us. He's played there before iirc.
    Find it hard to guess.

Bought 2 players in with a higher standing in the game than Philips/Williams, in a season where diving in at the deep end has occured a few times already.

60/40 in your favour.

Fabinho ruled out v Brighton, any updates on him or Mane ? (also expected to be out v Brighton)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That midfield would be great but can’t see it with so little time between now and the City game.

Hell of maelstrom that to throw either new lad into - a potential championship decider in your first game.

But - Klopp is a borderline loon - so who knows
    That last line made me laugh out loud. Partly because it is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    That last line made me laugh out loud. Partly because it is so true.
    I've just read it and thought exectly the same. That's why we love Klopp, we just never know what he's thinking and he's very rarely wrong.

In terms of Kabak and Davies, we have the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in-between the City and Leicester fixtures.

To me, if you want to get them up to speed and available for us and pick a partnership utilising one or both of them, that weeks seems like the time to lay the groundwork.

Its possible 1 of fab or hendo will stay at CB until vvd returns end of April (hopefully).with thiago lkg good and keita and jota back soon there are options up front and in midfield without both hendo and fab. There may a diffetent first choice midfield depending on home/away and opponents style anyhow. Prob kakak gets the start before davies but wouldnt bother me to see hendo and ohillips line up again

Alisson
    Alexander-Arnold
    Phillips
    Henderson
    Robertson
    Jones
    Wijnaldum
    Milner
    Salah
    Firmino
    Origi

Kelleher
    Williams N
    Tsimikas
    Davies
    Williams R
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Thiago
    Shaqiri
    Mane
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Jurgen pretty much confirmed it highly unlikely either new CB will start either of the next 2 games, very much expected and very wise imo, i think one or both might well be on the bench in case there is a need to push Captain Fantastic into midfield, they do need time to settle and as we've been playing well, risking either seems pointless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”