Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ben Davies

Don't get your panties in a twist, Kev.

In general CBs develop more slowly - see Van Dijk, Virgil. Sure there will be some standout players. De Ligt is massively overrated btw. Kind of glad we didn't get him.

Also Williams is 19. Nineteen! You say there's loads of examples but there's probably a hundred times more examples of good CBs who weren't tearing up trees at that age. It's more than likely he'll never be good enoug for us but fuck me if you'd even let him have a shot!

I don't think any young CB will help us now unless they're a standout talent. Kabak might be that, he might not be. FSG don't like to spunk money on short-term solutions, that much is certain. Otherwise they'd have gone for Mustafi or Socratis.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Shouldn't of been near starting, I blame FSG more and klopp for playing him over phillips who's x2 better

19- a lot of decent players out there that are 19 and start often, when did carra make his debut again?

you can tell if a player has something or doesn't, and Williams doesn't i'm afraid, unlike Jones and Neco who's had some good games.

He might do decent in a slow league, but not here... and you can't go from being that slow on the turn to fast he hasn't got it naturally.

Watch this kabak who's only 20 btw come in and look so much better, if Klopp/team trusted Williams we wouldn't be getting kabak
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st February 2021 at 04:23 PM.

What are you talking about? Are you seriously suggesting that any player who's not good enough to play regularly for a top side should just be binned off? I think I must be misunderstanding something here.

Or any player who doesn't look like the next Varane shouldn't get a chance? That's insane.

For the record I don't think Williams will do much for us but what you're asking for is madness.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

He's not good enough and shouldn't be starting, and wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the injury's and we actually had a 4th CB or klopp actually started Phillips who's had some decent experience and clearly better.

Like i've said before luckiest guy to ever play for us, or one of them.

Why stay here and do a phillips and set back his own career? next season he won't get a look in- he'll be loaned out for a few seasons then sold, end of story.

Why would you want player's to stay with you that aren't good enough to start? we're not fucking relegation fodder, too early for williams to get sold yet, but it's the natural cycle of life here, loans>sold when obviously not good enough.

never know may hopefully surprise me/everyone and end up being the next VVD after having a storming season in the championship if any team would take him, bit better than the none-league level of before, obviously very rare cases like Jamie vardy but still.

Obviously the plan for next season will be VVD gomez matip Davies Kabak and maybe phillips- meanwhile fabinho can still fill in if it's very bad, williams won't have a chance, i'm pretty sure we'll end up getting a new long-term partner for VVD too unless kabak ends up being that player,or if someone will buy matip, gomez won't be going anywhere because he's english and a good squad player who can cover the back 4 and personally think he'll be starting for the next few seasons to come with VVD, hopefully no more big injury's...
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st February 2021 at 04:39 PM.

Ok, then I was indeed misuderstanding some of your generelaisations somewhat. Yes, I agree - give him a bit of a chance and throw him out on loan if it doesn't work out. See how he progresses and look to sell if it becomes clear he won't do much here.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I'm hoping because he's played for us and looked solid in a few games a ok championship team will take him, so he get's some decent experience and hopefully become a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't get your panties in a twist, Kev.

In general CBs develop more slowly - see Van Dijk, Virgil. Sure there will be some standout players. De Ligt is massively overrated btw. Kind of glad we didn't get him.

Also Williams is 19. Nineteen! You say there's loads of examples but there's probably a hundred times more examples of good CBs who weren't tearing up trees at that age. It's more than likely he'll never be good enoug for us but fuck me if you'd even let him have a shot!

I don't think any young CB will help us now unless they're a standout talent. Kabak might be that, he might not be. FSG don't like to spunk money on short-term solutions, that much is certain. Otherwise they'd have gone for Mustafi or Socratis.
    You're absolutely correct in everything you wrote in this post
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He's not good enough and shouldn't be starting, and wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the injury's and we actually had a 4th CB or klopp actually started Phillips who's had some decent experience and clearly better.

Like i've said before luckiest guy to ever play for us, or one of them.

Why stay here and do a phillips and set back his own career? next season he won't get a look in- he'll be loaned out for a few seasons then sold, end of story.

Why would you want player's to stay with you that aren't good enough to start? we're not fucking relegation fodder, too early for williams to get sold yet, but it's the natural cycle of life here, loans>sold when obviously not good enough.

never know may hopefully surprise me/everyone and end up being the next VVD after having a storming season in the championship if any team would take him, bit better than the none-league level of before, obviously very rare cases like Jamie vardy but still.

Obviously the plan for next season will be VVD gomez matip Davies Kabak and maybe phillips- meanwhile fabinho can still fill in if it's very bad, williams won't have a chance, i'm pretty sure we'll end up getting a new long-term partner for VVD too unless kabak ends up being that player,or if someone will buy matip, gomez won't be going anywhere because he's english and a good squad player who can cover the back 4 and personally think he'll be starting for the next few seasons to come with VVD, hopefully no more big injury's...
    How many CBs do you expect us to have? We've got 3 senior and the 4th make shift back up injured. That's not a normal scenario.

Willliam's wouldn't even be training with the seniors if we had half a defence.

Phillips would make an Ok 4th choice CB for me.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

That's my point Jozza we're going to be overloaded with them

Obviously VVD and gomez won't go anywhere, noone will buy Matip and we're signing Davies and Kabak today- it looks nailed on anwyay so that's five already.

Doubt we'd sign kabak if we ever thought Williams would be good enough.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st February 2021 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You're absolutely correct in everything you wrote in this post
    " friends " 😂😂😂