Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ben Davies

The opportunity that is in front of me is incredible. I’d be silly to not make the most of it and learn off the players....

That's the spirit

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The opportunity that is in front of me is incredible. I’d be silly to not make the most of it and learn off the players....

That's the spirit
    It certainly is, could be another Robbo type success story, i've had a look and Warnock did some very positive analysis of him on Sky.

He has lots and lots of games and time served experience as a defender which i like, looks to make good decisions and take good positions and he has a pretty useful and cultured left foot

The challenge is to get him to Premier League fitness levels and if and how quickly he can adapt to the additional speed of it

Looks very promising and at 1.6m a bargain
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You touch on the games Nineteen - I'm actually really excited to see what he can bring in terms of experience coping with different types and how quickly he might learn - not all that many players have played National League, League Two, League One and Championship footie prior to arriving to us I'd imagine!

Robbo was given time to adapt to the Klopp way. Davies is in at the deep end. All we can and should expect is competency in his position with World class players around him

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You touch on the games Nineteen - I'm actually really excited to see what he can bring in terms of experience coping with different types and how quickly he might learn - not all that many players have played National League, League Two, League One and Championship footie prior to arriving to us I'd imagine!
    If we can get him to the level the distribution from the back in Virgil's absence will be greatly improved without having to play Captain Fantastic there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    If Ben Davies turns out as good a buy as Robbo, he will join a long line of great players this club has signed from
    lower div. in the 70's and 80's. With better coaching and surrounded by better players both Davies and Kabak will be
    far better players at the start of next season, we just have to trust the system, Edwards and Mr. Klopp.
    Just looking at a short vid. Kabak he has a look of Mascherano about him, he says VVD is his idol, so can't wait
    for him to for a corner against Everton and t rex.
    Yes, we had some amazing signings from lower levels, also Scotland (Ian St. John, Ron Yeats for example).
    Keegan, Clemence, Neal. Absolute corkers, many of them.
    How things have changed!
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Yes, we had some amazing signings from lower levels, also Scotland (Ian St. John, Ron Yeats for example).
    Keegan, Clemence, Neal. Absolute corkers, many of them.
    How things have changed!
    Hansen and Nicol also bought from the smaller scottish clubs.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Sat on the bench, studying the game, hope he gets a few mins and takes part in a win

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Sat on the bench, studying the game, hope he gets a few mins and takes part in a win
    That would be grand.

Yep so glad he's on the bench while henderson plays CM and midfield being shite and knackered

not like we did that much defending and when we did was useless anyway