Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Brighton (Match Thread)

Lose out on top four and we're screwed for a few seasons. Financially most of all. Not sure if "pulling power" or attracting players when you're in the champions league makes a difference anymore.

It will just destroy any confidence we have. We've seen how easy it is to screw our confidence up. Is it going to be another shit 5 games without scoring a goal or winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Surely nobody would ever accuse Klopp of such a thing, or of insisting on playing our midfielder rock of a captain in the CB position despite the availability of CB's to use (even in a "baptism of fire" game like against Brighton at home).

It's actually kind of really weird how our season this year is mirroring their own failed title defense from last year.

Their season was doomed when they failed to replace the rock of their defense (And team) in Kompany when he left.

Our own season was (seemingly) doomed when we failed to replace Lovren - okay, not the rock of.....well....anything,....but still, that failure was underlined by us losing the actual rock of our defense in Van Dijk for the season, and as a result of not replacing Lovren with proper cover (And also losing Gomez) our season goes tits up this year and now it looks like they're running away with the title.
    In Klopp defence he didnt start season with that plan.

Pep has done it with Mash and Yaya at Barca the premier league is totally different.

I agree about Lovren he was a good squad player regardless of what people say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Lose out on top four and we're screwed for a few seasons. Financially most of all. Not sure if "pulling power" or attracting players when you're in the champions league makes a difference anymore.

It will just destroy any confidence we have. We've seen how easy it is to screw our confidence up. Is it going to be another shit 5 games without scoring a goal or winning?
    Man city aint conceded in 7 games in the league in a row

they must be another brighton

Doomed

Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez have been included in Liverpool's Champions League squad for the remainder of the season.

that's cute, we won't be in it still by time either are back
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th February 2021 at 12:13 AM.

We'll score against City there ive said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Man city aint conceded in 7 games in the league in a row

they must be another brighton

Doomed
    But they have injuries like KDB and Aguero....

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    ....an own goal?

That's called scoring FOR City.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Hoping but I've watched them past few games and they have the intensity and momentum of 2019. I fear it'll be three lost games on the trot. This defeat has knocked the wind right out of our sails, not just the players but the whole club including the fans. We desperately need a reset and we're having to do that mid-season..Jota back will help us but our squad depth has been found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    ....an own goal?

That's called scoring FOR City.
    You'll see its a different game against them.

City will give us space they will fancy it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    But they have injuries like KDB and Aguero....
    If they get either or even both those players back even at half strength, and with the defense they have this year, I'd almost be willing to put money on them completing a league-CL double.
    (if not a treble)

They certainly are a sleeper pick to get their long-desired Champion's League win, especially with the terrible form that other big hitter teams in Europe and traditional powers currently are in.

Much as it pains me to admit it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by redman99 View Post
    Hoping but I've watched them past few games and they have the intensity and momentum of 2019. I fear it'll be three lost games on the trot. This defeat has knocked the wind right out of our sails, not just the players but the whole club including the fans. We desperately need a reset and we're having to do that mid-season..Jota back will help us but our squad depth has been found out.
    I too am counting this loss against Brighton as two losses and not just one.

It's good we're of the same mind on this.
    Stone-Cold Savage!